cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Xantrex guru please

rickhise
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased Xantrex 3012 new with remote.
Amazon.
Remote question, I have the manual hoping after several of you send advise to refer to
It which I will.

Can anyone tell me in the simple est terms :
Regarding knowing what my battery power is I keep the remote function display on that
screen. There is a bar graph blue. Is that what I need to view to know if my batt bank
Is in the safe operating range?
My goal is not to let the bank go below 50%, in order to protect the batts.
Thanks guys

Upgraded to this unit after years of the 2k freedom. That remote with idiot lights I could
read across the room. Not so much with this digital display
6 REPLIES 6

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
It will SHUT OFF if the batteries drop too low. On most Xantrex you can set the cut off point. BUT. there is a problem....

Due to resistance in the connections and wires the thing may well shut off early if you are sucking major power.

And it usually alarms before it shuts off.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
AMP

HOUR METER

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you have an external shunt and a battery monitoring device the bar graph on the display is largely voltage based. I don't know what all parameters Xantrex is reading to come up with the battery level but voltage is a huge component. That means, it's not terribly accurate. If you really want a battery gauge Xantrex does make one that works with their XW and SW products. I think it would likely work with your inverter as well but you'd have to check with them.
Otherwise, Trimetric makes a good meter and their are others. If it doesn't have a shunt, it's not really a battery gauge.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keep the voltage above 12.0 to 12.2 under light or no load for best results.
3000 watts I assume you have 6+ batteries.

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
I would email Xantrax or where you bought it from and read the manual. I didnt use there meter just the remote switch. I installed the trimetric 2030rv meter which is very accurate. I don't use alarms just check it from time to time. Hopefully you are pulling on a good set of batteries.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

rickhise
Explorer
Explorer
rickhise wrote:
Just purchased Xantrex 3012 new with remote.
Amazon.
Remote question, I have the manual hoping after several of you send advise to refer to
It which I will.

Can anyone tell me in the simple est terms :
Regarding knowing what my battery power is I keep the remote function display on that
screen. There is a bar graph blue. Is that what I need to view to know if my batt bank
Is in the safe operating range?
My goal is not to let the bank go below 50%, in order to protect the batts.
Thanks guys

Upgraded to this unit after years of the 2k freedom. That remote with idiot lights I could
read across the room. Not so much with this digital display

Also. Can I set up an alarm with this unit that will sound when the bank goes below 50%

Of charge. Thanks