Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yamaha EF2200is

HouseApe
Explorer
Explorer
Just announced

KENNESAW, Ga., Jan. 14, 2019 -- Yamaha Motor Corp., USA, introduces the all-new EF2200iS to its line of portable inverter generators. The value-packed inverter offers high power and bold features in a reliable, quiet and compact package.

The EF2200iS is powered by Yamahaโ€™s high-output MZ80 OHV, air-cooled, single cylinder 4-stroke engine to deliver a maximum 2,200 watts of AC output, with a maximum AC current of 18.3 amps at 120 volts. The MZ80 offers greater fuel efficiency, running a continuous 10.5 hours at a ยผ rated load. Its efficiency combined with Yamaha Quiet Technology reduces noise levels to 57-65 dBA at a ยผ rated load, allowing people to have a conversation without realizing it is running.

"The EF2200iS was built with RV camping in mind and needed to accommodate a wide variety of uses in a powerful, but easy-to-transport package,โ€ said Kevin Reed, Yamaha Outdoor Power Products Division Senior Manager. โ€œWe have outfitted the EF2200iS with a variety of new features as well as proven Yamaha technology to deliver a powerful, quiet, and lightweight generator to the modern camper.โ€

Moving the EF2200iS around a campsite or worksite is simple thanks to its compact size, 55-pound weight and new tri-handle design โ€“ designed for two people to move the unit with ease. An all-new LED illuminated control panel makes it easy to check the status of the generator both day and night, and starting and stopping the unit is simple with the new Yamaha Smart Dial.

The EF2200iS is also equipped with Yamahaโ€™s proven generator technology including Smart Throttle, a load sensing control that allows greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction. Yamahaโ€™s Twin Tech parallel function allows two units to connect for greater power, and an Overload Power Reset enables the device to restore power in the event of an overload without shutting it down.

Yamahaโ€™s EF2200iS also comes standard with a 3-year factory warranty and offers the same high quality engineering and technology that goes into all of Yamahaโ€™s motorized vehicles.

https://youtu.be/EL3OmMJKAl8

www.yamahamotorsports.com/generator/models/ef2200is
2014 Ram 3500 Megacab Laramie 4x4 6.7 Cummins
2017 Open Range Roamer 310BHS
12 REPLIES 12

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
ScottG wrote:
Final straw was when it wouldn't power his trailers PDI 9260 (with low battery) and just bogged down. The H had no problem with it.

Dang.. I own and would SERIOUSLY like to see again (it grew legs and walked off one night) a Generac 1000 by Briggs & Stratton.

This is a 1000 watt enclosed Traditional generator NOT an inverter job

With batteries dead. and I Mean dead. it powered my PDI 9180 (With wizard) no problem.. And yoru 2200 would not run yoru 9260 WOW.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
In โ€˜14 I sold my twelve year old pair of Honda EU2000s. They were used in corrosive deserts, rain and whatever and put away without much maintenance.
They still worked perfectly.
The only reason I sold them was I got $1400 (pair) for them, then ordered myself another new pair for $1800. So, why not!

The Hondas are cheap if you consider the resale value and the years of trouble free service.
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
My buddy had the EF2000i. It's performance was pathetic compared to the same Honda. It coudn't begin to pull the surge power the H can. Final straw was when it wouldn't power his trailers PDI 9260 (with low battery) and just bogged down. The H had no problem with it.
If I were going to buy a Yami, it would be the 2800 watt model.
Better yet, if it's not going to be used a LOT, get the 3400W Champion.

JMHO
The Champ 3400 is heavy but quite the performer. I'm amazed how little problem it has with any load we've thrown at it.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
I like our two older ones (2015 models) but unless they've changed something these are built in China. Back when I got ours the good ones were built in Mexico but not anymore.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I have a pair of Yamaha EF2000IS. Bought to use with my houseboat they probably have less than 1000 hours on them. Oil changed yearly, they are around 10 years old.

This year every single screw in the covers came loose as they didnโ€™t use thread lock. The ground on one of the parallel points has also come loose. And one of the generators is now burning oil.

If I were to start over, I would buy Hondaโ€™s.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
HouseApe wrote:
The EF2200iS is powered by Yamahaโ€™s high-output MZ80 OHV, air-cooled, single cylinder 4-stroke engine to deliver a maximum 2,200 watts of AC output, with a maximum AC current of 18.3 amps at 120 volts. The MZ80 offers greater fuel efficiency, running a continuous 10.5 hours at a ยผ rated load. Its efficiency combined with Yamaha Quiet Technology reduces noise levels to 57-65 dBA at a ยผ rated load, allowing people to have a conversation without realizing it is running.

Don't see how Yamaha expects to "keep up" with Honda when this new EF2200is still uses the same size 80cc engine as the former EF2000is whereas Honda's new EU2200i uses a much larger 121 cc engine compared to the 98.5 cc engine in the former EU2000i. Those stated noise levels would also be a concern also, if accurate. :?
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
They have to "keep up" with Honda, but their pricing is SO FAR from the HF Predator 2000 and new Champion 2000 ! These units have been out for a number of months/years with no major complaints, so why are people still paying twice as much for a brand name ?

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
wa8yxm wrote:
Far as I know the fuel pump is unique to HONDA.. but I will admit to limited knowledge.

I think you are correct, but extended tanks will work with others, just with gravity feed.

Jerry

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
My buddy had the EF2000i. It's performance was pathetic compared to the same Honda. It coudn't begin to pull the surge power the H can. Final straw was when it wouldn't power his trailers PDI 9260 (with low battery) and just bogged down. The H had no problem with it.
If I were going to buy a Yami, it would be the 2800 watt model.
Better yet, if it's not going to be used a LOT, get the 3400W Champion.

JMHO

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Far as I know the fuel pump is unique to HONDA.. but I will admit to limited knowledge.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

HouseApe
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Does it have a fuel pump so that an extended run tank can be used?
I only seen one photo with the cover off and looks just like the EF2000iS so I donโ€™t think so.
2014 Ram 3500 Megacab Laramie 4x4 6.7 Cummins
2017 Open Range Roamer 310BHS

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Does it have a fuel pump so that an extended run tank can be used?