cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bulb out

d1h
Nomad II
Nomad II

Can the bulbs be replaced behind the buttons on the climate control? Mine just went out on the button that directs air flow to the floor. Can't see the button at night.
11 REPLIES 11

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
I've visited multiple, including the "official" one, and gotten the same reception everywhere. No expert advice. I'd ask about an issue I was having, and would get "piggy piled" on pretty much universally. Whatever my problem, it was MY FAULT for not performing some made-up maintenance task.

Not unlike this or any of the other RV boards on the web.
2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
$84 for a whole new assembly. Online videos make it seem pretty easy to replace.

Rockauto

First 2 minutes of this youtube video shows how to remove the panel. The controls just snap into the panel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1LbnbqijD8

If you replace the whole thing, you can see if the old one can be torn down and you'll now have spare LED's if you lose another.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wife's car has lights out on heater control. I cut a piece of plastic tooth pick, painted it black, glued it to the knob so we can tell where it is set by feel.
Worked/looked good enough did to pickup. Let the eyes stay on important stuff.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
mkirsch wrote:
I've visited multiple, including the "official" one, and gotten the same reception everywhere. No expert advice. I'd ask about an issue I was having, and would get "piggy piled" on pretty much universally. Whatever my problem, it was MY FAULT for not performing some made-up maintenance task.

Time to step away from the computer for a bit. Seems youโ€™re getting a little worked up or emotional over totally insignificant things.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

TCBear
Explorer
Explorer
"My advice, if it has bulbs, get a kit and replace ALL of them, not just the burned out one."

Good advice. Me agree, especially after going to the trouble of pulling off a given dash panel, which occasionally requires significant time and effort.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
put in make model and year and climate control bulb on ebay and see what pops up.

Very good chance that you'll find bulb replacement kits if it has bulbs and also LED options or if LED's an LED kit

Successful on our son 2004 duramax and also many of his friends trucks with bad bulbs or LED's on dash displays. My advice, if it has bulbs, get a kit and replace ALL of them, not just the burned out one.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

TCBear
Explorer
Explorer
You must be visiting the wrong online enthusiasts forums. The one I frequently visit for my tow vehicle is routinely visited by independent mechanics who've specialized in that vehicle for decades and sometimes know it almost as well as the factory engineers. And they routinely offer expert advice with a knowledge base that often exceeds that of sometimes younger dealer mechanics. Yes, there's novice, sometimes bad advice in such forums, but there's also wisdom from 20 year master mechanics who specialize in that marque. You just have to sort through that.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Don't waste your time with any "online enthusiasts forum." They'll just tell you that you didn't remove and lubricate the control panel as part of normal monthly maintenance, so it's all your fault that the LED burned out... Everybody knows that you're supposed to pull that panel out and lubricate it every month with the special whale oil tincture. Are you STUPID or something???

Yeah, I have a pretty low opinion of "online enthusiast forums."

But yeah it's not a bulb. It's an LED. Probably connected to the button from a central location by fiber optic. The LED is probably fine, but the glass cable that transmits the light is what broke.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

TCBear
Explorer
Explorer
It depends. You might ask your dealer's service department or email them a question. Or search for an answer (or post a message) on an online enthusiasts' forum for your specific make/model of vehicle (or even a generic auto forum). Some component failures are aberrations, but from my experience they're trends, so others with the same vehicle have likely experienced the same bulb failure and have dealt with it. Anyone you query will need to know your make, model and year of vehicle.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
They are LED. I'm almost positive the entire control panel needs replaced when the LEDs fail.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator