cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 Bronco Raptor Debut

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's the new Bronco Raptor. Not sure how Ford plans to produce this Raptor version when their current production volume can't meet current demand. They did increase the towing capacity by ~1k lbs.

Link1

Link2
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
36 REPLIES 36

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
Wade44 wrote:
a BLM white oval sticker

That stands for Bureau of Land Management.

Ok.............LOL. lots of BLM here in OH.
2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Wade44 wrote:
a BLM white oval sticker

That stands for Bureau of Land Management.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
IdaD wrote:
mkirsch wrote:
Someone will inevitably take a brand new one and do a SFA conversion on it.

A SAS is a big job. That's why it would have been really cool to have a from the factory Bronco with two solid axles rolling on 37s.

For, as Grit Dog says, the 12 people with more money than sense that would take a brand new rig off the showroom floor and thrash it? Not worth the development cost. Either it would have to be spread across ALL the models, or the ones that want SFA would end up paying a $20,000 premium for SFA.

Don't know about an SAS being "a big job." They do it in the confines of a 22-minute television show all the time, with plenty of time left over to hawk obscure car care products and lubricants.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:

up here, the sheer number of "Jeepers" who only conquer the ravenous potholes on I -90 and the mountainous dips and bumps on I-5 with $3000 worth of takes an hour a piece to wash them wheels and enough bolt on "recovery gear" to look like they're headed to an African Safari, is absolutely mind numbing.

It hilarious how life works. After following this thread, yesterday I came upon a Wrangler with all that aftermarket carap while sitting in traffic on 270 in Columbus OH. The guy driving it looked like a confused reincarnation of John Denver. He had one of those Coexist bumper stickers, a BLM white oval sticker, and a thin blue line flag decal. Figure that out lol. It also had a snorkel kit. There are plenty of places in OH to go snorkeling I guess such as when it rains hard and the parking lot floods at Whole foods. Sure, lets take a $55K+ vehicle and drive it through a swamp with water up to dashboard.

Interestingly, this site censors the word c rap LOL.
2018 Marathon H3-45

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Can I tow it 4-down?

not sure about the Raptor but mine can.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wow, some grumpy people on this thread!
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

RADROG
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Wade44 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Here's the new Bronco Raptor. Not sure how Ford plans to produce this Raptor version when their current production volume can't meet current demand. They did increase the towing capacity by ~1k lbs.

Link1

Link2

LOL, its a nice looking ride but $70K? We'll see how that goes over come late summer fall when store brand loaves of bread are $5.50, gallons of milk $6.00, and a dozen eggs $6.50. OF course you always have those with more money(or credit) than brain cells.

I'm not 100% feeling those fenders

Got that right! Those fenders look like an afterthought.
For $70K the Bronco/Raptor should have a Raptor-like wide body not
some cheap looking Pep Boys bolt on fender flares.
No Thanks.
2005 American Tradition 370 Cummins ISL

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
And it doesn’t apply to a GC, lol. Be like doing the jeeper wave from a patriot, or god forbid a new Cherokee!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
@Fish, that is hilarious!!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Bionic Man wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:

Are you this sour in real life, or just here?

Haha, neither actually. And I wrote the flip the bird thing in jest. I (actually, seriously) would not do that.
That said I have an appreciation for more/many different types of vehicles than alot of people do. But just like in CO, up here, the sheer number of "Jeepers" who only conquer the ravenous potholes on I -90 and the mountainous dips and bumps on I-5 with $3000 worth of takes an hour a piece to wash them wheels and enough bolt on "recovery gear" to look like they're headed to an African Safari, is absolutely mind numbing. Rotopax cans on the rack, rooftop tent. An axe and shovel that are either perfectly painted like a model car or rusty and weathered from the spray of 10,000 semi trucks on their morning "safari."
Lets not forget the ever important big steel Fab Fours bumpers, maybe even a Grumper if you're lucky. And every other "protective" piece to prevent whiskey dents from the harrowing conditions and killer shopping carts in the Costco parking lot!
Winches, we don't "just" have winches. We have winches and a hook on each corner of each bumper with a color matched shackle, sometimes with a little plastic doohickey on it to keep it from rattling?? Never can be too prepared when navigating the wilds of a soccer filed or dog park parking lot on a Saturday morning...
What else am I missing? Oh, the flat fenders, those are speshul. Maybe so you can pretend you're piloting a F-head flat fender Willys behind enemy lines, launching an assault on Nuremburg!
And back to the Rotopax cans...nothing says "RIP ME OFF" like 5 gallons of free gas hanging in $200 plastic gas cans in plain sight on the side of your rig. But hey, it's a long trek from Tacoma to Seattle and, never know when you might find yourself 3 miles form an exit with a fuel station after a day of hard wheelin (corerction, 30 minutes sitting in stop n go traffic) and need some extra fuel to make it home (because you forgot to fill up last night after work).
I could go on. Roof racks/tents, exo skeletons, "It's a Jeep thing" bumper stickers and the upside down stickers, "If found"....whatever.
Probably missing something, oh yeah, lights! I love bright lights on my rigs too. But I believe I've learned that you can mount at least 17 different LED light bars/pods/cubes on a Jeep. Why, IDK??

And last but not least, that stupid Jeeper wave, that says either "Hey Dude, I just spent $18,765 at 4 Wheel Parts, check me out." Or "Hey Big boy, wanna go Jeepin with me, I have a rainbow sleeping bag in my roof top tent and we can admire each others tail pipes..."

Honorable mention goes to $250/each Welded diff covers and ARB/Yeti stickers on each bumper...

That's why I don't do the Jeeper wave...LOL
Cheers!

So it sounds like both in real life and here……

Seriously. What difference does it make to you how people spend their cash? If they want something that is ready to go off road, but never use it that way, how is it any different than the large % of individuals that buy diesel 2500 or 3500 and never use it as a truck?

It’s their money, spend it as they see fit.

And I kind of like the wave. I’ve never felt it applied to me in my GC, but in my 718, I always get a wave from the other P cars. But maybe I shouldn’t be driving that either since I’ve not yet taken it out on a track…..

Sorry, I touched a nerve….and I didn’t mean to personally offend your lifted 4 door jku with 22”x12s on 35s. Lol

Lighten up Francis!

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bionic Man wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:

Haha, neither actually. And I wrote the flip the bird thing in jest. I (actually, seriously) would not do that.
That said I have an appreciation for more/many different types of vehicles than alot of people do. But just like in CO, up here, the sheer number of "Jeepers" who only conquer the ravenous potholes on I -90 and the mountainous dips and bumps on I-5 with $3000 worth of takes an hour a piece to wash them wheels and enough bolt on "recovery gear" to look like they're headed to an African Safari, is absolutely mind numbing. Rotopax cans on the rack, rooftop tent. An axe and shovel that are either perfectly painted like a model car or rusty and weathered from the spray of 10,000 semi trucks on their morning "safari."
Lets not forget the ever important big steel Fab Fours bumpers, maybe even a Grumper if you're lucky. And every other "protective" piece to prevent whiskey dents from the harrowing conditions and killer shopping carts in the Costco parking lot!
Winches, we don't "just" have winches. We have winches and a hook on each corner of each bumper with a color matched shackle, sometimes with a little plastic doohickey on it to keep it from rattling?? Never can be too prepared when navigating the wilds of a soccer filed or dog park parking lot on a Saturday morning...
What else am I missing? Oh, the flat fenders, those are speshul. Maybe so you can pretend you're piloting a F-head flat fender Willys behind enemy lines, launching an assault on Nuremburg!
And back to the Rotopax cans...nothing says "RIP ME OFF" like 5 gallons of free gas hanging in $200 plastic gas cans in plain sight on the side of your rig. But hey, it's a long trek from Tacoma to Seattle and, never know when you might find yourself 3 miles form an exit with a fuel station after a day of hard wheelin (corerction, 30 minutes sitting in stop n go traffic) and need some extra fuel to make it home (because you forgot to fill up last night after work).
I could go on. Roof racks/tents, exo skeletons, "It's a Jeep thing" bumper stickers and the upside down stickers, "If found"....whatever.
Probably missing something, oh yeah, lights! I love bright lights on my rigs too. But I believe I've learned that you can mount at least 17 different LED light bars/pods/cubes on a Jeep. Why, IDK??

And last but not least, that stupid Jeeper wave, that says either "Hey Dude, I just spent $18,765 at 4 Wheel Parts, check me out." Or "Hey Big boy, wanna go Jeepin with me, I have a rainbow sleeping bag in my roof top tent and we can admire each others tail pipes..."

Honorable mention goes to $250/each Welded diff covers and ARB/Yeti stickers on each bumper...

Cheers!

Seriously. What difference does it make to you how people spend their cash? If they want something that is ready to go off road, but never use it that way, how is it any different than the large % of individuals that buy diesel 2500 or 3500 and never use it as a truck?

And I kind of like the wave. I’ve never felt it applied to me in my GC, but in my 718, I always get a wave from the other P cars. But maybe I shouldn’t be driving that either since I’ve not yet taken it out on a track…..

GD, Your just not a team player...LOL... Including participation with the boys :B

Here's the new Jeep owners tutorial video. LOL

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:

Cheers!

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:

Cheers!

Out on the highway, I have found a large percentage of people who drive Jeep products to be inconsiderate arrogant knuckleheads, who evidently never had to take a driving test, and think they're better than anyone else on the road, especially the women with the "silly guy jeeps are for girls" decals. The fact that they're driving junk does not matter. The folks in the Cherokees tend to be exceptional at proving they're morons. I flip lots of birds at them.
2018 Marathon H3-45