cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone own the Mesa Ridge 310bhs?

DinTulsa
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have decided on the Mesa ridge 310bhs. It has the bunkhouse, outside kitchen, kitchen island, huge couch and 4 slide outs. We will be pulling this unit with a 2012 F250 PSD with WD hitch. Does anyone own this particular unit? We looked at the Open Range Light 308bhs, and this unit is similar with the exception of wood trusses in the roof and slide out in the bedroom. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Twain
Explorer
Explorer
Hah, so we are all towing with 7.3s. I have the Blue Ox as well, but with 1000 lb bars and new bars should be easy. It the receiver hitch that'll need upgrading. We use radios for backing in too, much better than phones. We will be in the pet loop at Ft. Desoto and try to get over there 3-4 times a year, but are in a long dry spell. Would love to get in there in the fall if the family schedule allows.
Early 1999 F-350 7.3 DRW CC, 4.10
2016 Open Range Light FL295FBH
3 Kids, 2 Dogs, 1 Wife.

TURBODOG1000
Explorer
Explorer
I think the hitched ride is better than riding unloaded with our 2002 F350 Supercab dually, yes you have the standard hitch bump from time to time, but that's towing.

The 60 foot length has not been a big problem, you just need to plan ahead. I use a wired back-up camera that I already had on our previous rig. Open Range has a optional wireless back-up camera, I have not heard the reviews on it. I have my camera on all the time, not just in reverse, very handy for changing lanes, and backing into the site. (The camera + walkie talkies = golden) The back-up camera has ended our "can't see you in the mirror" battles.

Fort Desoto can be hard to get into, just keep checking. People cancel and sites become available all the time. We leave mid Dec you may get our site.

I need to weigh our new rig, I would say our tongue weight is at least 1200 lbs.
2002 F350 PSD Crew Cab Long Bed DRW
2016 Highland Ridge RV, Mesa Ridge MR310BHS TT
Back-up camera on the TT with infrared & microphone
Prodigy
ScanGauge II
Reese duel cam hitch, U-bolt style ($40 at a garage sale)
2 canoes, 3 kayaks, & camping dog (Tootsie)

DinTulsa
Explorer
Explorer
Tongue weight isn't too much of a concern. I have a Blue Ox Sway Pro 1500lb hitch. The ride is good and the built in sway control is great. I wanted a all in one hitch and this hitch does great. We are headed to gulf shores Alabama next month for 10 days so I will can give you a better report then.

Twain
Explorer
Explorer
We'd love any of the three. Have to come to terms with the price and the fact that it would create a 60ft long rig. Also that tongue wieght ?? would require a hitch upgrade. How does that much tongue weight affect the ride? We have a dually so capacity is not a concern but comfort is.

We are trying for Ft Desoto for the
Last week of December. Cross our fingers.
3 Kids, 2 Dogs, 1 Wife.

DinTulsa
Explorer
Explorer
We picked up a 310bhs back in December. We love the rv, tons on storage, lots of features and for a large unit it toes really well. I tow with a 2012 F250 powerstroke and would not recommend anything less though.

TURBODOG1000
Explorer
Explorer
The Light 308BHS caught our eye at the RV show, but we went with the Mesa Ridge 310BHS due to the bedroom closet slide. (we camp host for 4 months)

We love Fort Desoto, we will be doing the camp host thing from mid Aug to the middle of Dec. look for us on site 197.
Prodigy
ScanGauge II

Twain
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at the Light 308BHS. Love the layout of this one and the Mesa Ridge and Roamer 310BHS. The quality of Open Range is appealing as well.

We go to Ft Desoto and few times a year. Will be there next month.
3 Kids, 2 Dogs, 1 Wife.

TURBODOG1000
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Dcarner,

Sorry I did not see your post before now. Did you get the Mesa Ridge 310BHS?

We ordered our Mesa Ridge 310BHS at the Jan 2015 RV show here in Indianapolis. The Highland Ridge RV factory rep at the RV show let us delete the Super couch and replace it with table and chairs and a double recliner. We did not need the couch/bed, and the large couch sat too tall for my wife's legs. We also added the fiberglass front.

It was delivered as a 2016 model, late Apr 2015, so far we are very very happy with our new Mesa Ridge.

Our first trip was to the Open Range RV Forum Rally in Shipshewana IN, this is Highland Ridge (fomerly Open Range) factory hometown. we took the factory tour, very impressive.

We have camped approx 5 months in 2015, in Indiana, Tennessee, and four months as camp host at Fort DeSoto at the mouth of Tampa bay in Florida.

So far our only complants are, Double reciner also too tall and not super comfortable, soon to be replaced with a double Lazyboy, we had to put down two shipping pallets covered with plywood for a platform for the outdoor kitchen. We only do this when camp hosting for months at a time.

We pull ours with a 2002 F350 PSD with a Reese WD hitch.

Happy camping
Jerry & Suzy Dinger
Prodigy
ScanGauge II