cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

auxiliary fuel tank

bamafeaver
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a auxiliary fuel tank for a gasser. If so what kind. 2500 HD 6.0 gasser pull a fifth wheel. Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

akcooper9
Explorer
Explorer
bamafeaver wrote:
Does anyone have a auxiliary fuel tank for a gasser. If so what kind. 2500 HD 6.0 gasser pull a fifth wheel. Thanks

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26924844.cfm

I put an RDS in my Gas truck 5 years go. It worked perfect. As mentioned you will need to pump it to the main tank to be legal. Make sure you buy a solenoid valve to cut the flow when you turn off the pump. I also tied the rds tank vent to the evap system on the truck to keep pressure equal and no check engine light.

PM me if you have questions

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
I used the 65 gallon tank from ATI http://atitank.com/products/auxiliary-fuel-tanks/tankstank-toolbox-combos/ for my 6.2 then transferred it to my F350 6.7 when I traded it in.
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl
2010 GMC Savanna 3500 extended 6.0

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
LanceRKeys wrote:
What causes the check engine light, and will it clear itself?

On GM I believe it is if you gravity feed the main tank the tank level will remain the same until the aux tank is empty. The computer sees the tank level not dropping and throws a CEL.

LanceRKeys
Explorer
Explorer
I fuel up without shutting my truck off, I bet I can do it going down the road. I will need to check on that, Iโ€™m not a fan of check engine lights.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I don't get a cel on the Ford.

Maybe because of the valve between the pump and the tank.

Kill two birds with one stone that way?

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
LanceRKeys wrote:

Newer gas trucks and cars have pressurized fuel tanks if you will. You will get a CEL just like if you leave your cap loose.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

LanceRKeys
Explorer
Explorer

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I am running one made by RDS that I got thru Nationwide Wholesalers. It is in a 2012 F250. Had a problem with the shape of the bed and standard tanks setting down on the floor (by measurement). Talked to the lady at the time (Stephanie) and she coordinated a custom sized one through RDS for less than I could have bought it from RDS.:h

anyhow, i marked up one of the ones on their web site and emailed it to her, got it OK'ed by RDS nd I signed the RDS drawing. Stephanie even researched the most economical drop ship for me. Some kinda quirk in that i could not have the drain installed like a diesel but no biggie.

I set it up with a 12 volt pump from NAPA with a 12 volt normally closed valve between the pump and the tank to prevent siphoning and plumbed it into the filler neck.

So now when I flip the switch while driving it turns on the pump and opens the fuel valve, and walla you know the rest.

for lack of better words, i don"t think gravity fed on gas is socially accented.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Transferflow.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

bluefishgary
Explorer
Explorer
70gal RDS with tool box. Love it!!! Get gas when I want not when truck wants.The only problem is you must pump
it in to truck, no gravity feed with gas or check engine light
will come on. I have about 1,000 miles range. I pull a 44 ft
Goose neck everything clears fine tank not over bed
rails.Ther are very few people that make tanks for gas
so do your homework. Mine came with pump just a couple of wires.It's all aluminium no rust.Dot legal so long as less
than 95 gal. Its GREAT.
2019 Ford DRW C/C
2017 Vintage with living quarters 44'3 Axle
I caught a fish once -it was fun