cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMI Quic 'n Easy Hitch? (agricultural cushion style hitch)

JHUCK
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought an '08 F250 & it had has an aftermarket hitch on it. From my research it looks like a DMI Quic 'n Easy hitch which is used more for agriculture. DMI_Quic_n_easy_hitch

It has springs on it to help cushion whatever you're towing. The receiver also unlocks so you can slide if forward & back and side to side so you don't have to be dead nuts on to hitch up.

It sounds like a good idea in theory but I'm worried about sway. There's probably 1/4" slop in the receiver side to side even when locked. I spent the money on a Reese Dual Cam Sway to prevent side to side movement so wondering if that slop will be an issue?

I've never known anyone with this hitch & couldn't really find anyone online complaining about it either. One thing I know I don't like about it already is it eats up the space for the spare tire.

Any info at all on this hitch will be appreciated, Thanks
'16 Cherokee 27DBH, '08 F-250 Lariat V10
1 REPLY 1

msjdbman
Explorer
Explorer
The DMI unit sounds very much like the M&W Double Cushion bumpers we used on the farm. They had springs on either side close to the truck frame rails. They worked great for hauling wagons, but were not the greatest for trailer hauling, due to the springs working independantly and somewhat contributing to sway. So if your DMI unit is like the M&W, it may not serve you very well.
2008 Duramax/Allison LT2 Crew cab Standard Box. Hellwig Air Assist. BD Diesel VVT Turbo Brake. 2003 Coachmen Chaparral 295 IKS