cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor and furniture weight limit

Slate_CM
Explorer
Explorer
I searched as many ways as I could think of with no relevant results.

I have a 2015 Springdale TT. The sofa is in the slide which is fairly deep, I'm guessing at least 3 feet.

One of of my daughter's boyfriends is a pretty big guy. Maybe 275 plus pounds?

Anything to be worried about as far as steps, furniture etc? Or are these designed with the possibility of bigger people.

I don't want to sound harsh, but also don't want him to fall through the dinette or something. By the way he is a great guy. 🙂
8 REPLIES 8

Slate_CM
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the input, feeling less concerned now.

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
Im 260 and sleep on the dinette usually. I actually prefer it to the bed. The only issue Ive had is that 1 night I decided to have a few to many beers I plopped my fat butt down to hard right on the table top. It broke. I have since made a new stronger table top. I assume all RV table tops are made out of that cheap garbage glue together wood chips.

Just tell him not to fall down onto the table top and he should be fine.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
275# does not seem like overweight. A bit heavy for a short person maybe but not anything I would worry about.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think you'll have any problems at all, but one thing you might want to do is get one of these for under your entry steps. We use one all the time and really makes the steps more stable and not so wobbly. I've over 200 pounds also, and that's a lot of weight leveraged on the bottom step.

Click here

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Me neither, I'm 5-10 and 320. Bed & dinette are fine, although I did have to re connect a wavy spring under the jack knife sofa. It's pretty cheaply made. An automible seat with similar spring design is way better. I'm going to rebuild it as a bench seat with cushions. Accessing stored things underneath will be much easier.

I thought I found a soft spot from water damage in the floor and it turned out to be a seam between 2 pieces of plywood in the flooring passing over the heat duct about 12 inches where the plywood is unsupported. I haven't fell through yet. I can feel it flex a little when I step there. It's 3/4 inch plywood so I'm not real worried about it.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am 6'5" 275 and I have not broken any furniture yet.

Slate_CM
Explorer
Explorer
I get what you are saying classic. Just thinking more people equals more dispersion. But also guessing you think it will be fine.

classic_31
Explorer
Explorer
Four people weight 100 lbs each. four people sit at dinette.multiple choice quiz
A Johney at 275 will fall through floor.
B Johney might fall through floor
C johney will be ok and stay onboard.
Only pick one answer.