cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leveling chocks

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I watches a guy level his TT with leveling chocks. It was rather slick.

On line there are Anderson and Camco models and I was wondering which was the preferred model and why.

I have a 25ft TT so both will handle the weight but I would be interest it which has the largest foot print.

Any suggestions
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.
31 REPLIES 31

LaundroKing
Explorer
Explorer
I tried the Camco plastic, broke two the first time on them. Went back to my 2" X 8". Now just use the Camco's under the levelers.
Mark

2005 Ford F250 6.0 PSD BulletProfed
2008 Hartland Sundance 30ft 5er, Flexair pinbox, Center point equalizer.

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
I went with the Beech Lane levelers and some thin rubber sheet/mat from Home Depot.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
The Andersens will slide on pavement sometimes. I've seen it happen.

There's a more affordable brand on Amazon Beech Lane levelers:
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

kcfissel
Explorer
Explorer
I use three pieces of 2x8 of successively shorter lengths.

I bevel the ends and cut a 1" dado across the top of the bottom two.

Also I put a 1" spline on the bottom of the top two so they nest when stacked and don't slide
My level requires 1 1/2" thickness of lift per mark on the level, so I get the trailer where I want it, look at the level, roll forward, stack the boards, back on, set the chocks, have a beer.

I'm not keen on supporting vandals either.
Ken

โ€œneedsโ€ and โ€œwantsโ€ are pesky things to distinguish, and the bigger the peskierโ€ฆ

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I lug around the wood planks and some of the leggo blocks. I also added the Camco levelling chocks and am happy with them so far. They do have rubber on them which prevents slipping. I usually place one on a plank which prevents sinking.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Campingfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I used the Camco levelers all last season and really like them. Only problem I have had with them is when I need to level the camper and the DW isn't behind the wheel of the truck. (my bubble level fell off the front of the camper)
I used 2x6's the first year but got tired of lugging them around. Tried the leggo blocks for a short time, couple times on campsites with loose gravel they would just scoot.

OleManOleCan
Explorer
Explorer
I cut a couple of pieces of 2"X10". Works and got em out of my garage.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
GeorgiaJim wrote:
trail-explorer wrote:
Why I will never buy Andersen products again, ever.

He owned up to it and apologized. Everyone has done something stupid at one time or another.

He owned up because he got caught. And no, everyone has not vandalized a national monument.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

GeorgiaJim
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
Why I will never buy Andersen products again, ever.

He owned up to it and apologized. Everyone has done something stupid at one time or another.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
SoonerWing03 wrote:
I bought the Anderson's a week and a half ago. First use was perfect, no issues what so ever. Second use one of them snapped in half when leveling the rig. This rig weighs less than 6,000 lbs at the moment.

Well if there's any solace in this just know you aren't the first and 2) if you're brave enough to continue using the Andersens then the company is most likely to replace your broken one under warranty.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

SoonerWing03
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the Anderson's a week and a half ago. First use was perfect, no issues what so ever. Second use one of them snapped in half when leveling the rig. This rig weighs less than 6,000 lbs at the moment. Both times I was just leveling the rig in my driveway so can't speak to the sinking/sliding issue.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I cut my own Andersen levelers out of a 6x6. I took an image of the levelers, scaled it up to fit a 6x6, and cut them out. I also scaled up the matching chock and cut that out as well. I haven't broke one yet and I haven't had any problems with slipping. I keep a few different leveling options with me. I'll use these, rubber pads, or a combination depending on the situation.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
ralph day wrote:
Andersen's for me.

You might not be so confident in your Andersens if you had pianotuna's experience, as described in this concurrent thread. :E

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
ralph day wrote:
Andersen's for me. 2 little levels glued on the trailer front and side make levelling easy (with someone to watch the bubbles).

Affix a large bubble level to your trailer and you'll enjoy maximum benefit of your Andersens because you won't need anyone to watch for level as you'll be able to see it yourself from the driver's seat. :B