cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New sink in 2016 AF811SB

thealexdexter
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I'd share a sink upgrade for this model in case you have one and cannot stand the terrible dual bowl plastic sink. Pretty straight forward job as the sink I found exactly and very tightly fits the existing cutout. It is a very nice upgrade. Its deep enough to have dishes in it and put a cutting board or drying rack across it at the same time. Impossible in the old sink. Without the mega oversized plastic walls it has much more usable volume. It is also flush with countertop vs the plastic which stick up and gets in the way.

SINK

Notes:
1. You have to grind off the upper right corner of sink around an inch so it clears the wall.
2. To drill the new faucet hole the countertop you lose a bit of structure as you drill through the brace. I reinforced with 1x2 being the original then made a small strap across the hole screwed into he new brace. Then drilled faucet hole.
3. Upper drawer to right of range hits sink. Very easy to reduce drawer box height an inch or so to clear and doesn't affect functionality or looks at all.
4. Existing plumbing left in place, but removed and replaced from p trap to sink and replaced with a smooth interior walled flexible one from Home Depot. That was a tight fit but it goes. You can see it in the photo.
5. Check the mounting points of your jack controller. I happened to be replacing mine at the same time, so I made sure it was mounted an inch lower so I could access the screws with the sink in. Easily moved with four screws in seconds.
6. OEM faucet fits, but its hard getting your hands up there to tighten.

Click For Full-Size Image.

------------------------------------------------
2015 All Terrain GMC Sierra 4x4 CC Duramax
2016 Arctic Fox 811SB
10 REPLIES 10

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Clean install
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
We did a similar single bowl stainless sink in our Lance - a bit less depth, but works better than the dual plastic one that came in it - where you could actually wash coffee cups if you did it one at a time ๐Ÿ™‚ ... New one is perfect -
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

thealexdexter
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. Looking forward to using more if these fires would stop burning down my favorite places.
2016 Arctic Fox 811SB

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, what times dinner ๐Ÿ™‚ !!

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Looks great!

A handful of AF Owners over in the AF / WC truck camper FB group have done the same upgrade.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
Good job on your install. Got a 2019 990 with a single sink and it's much more functional than having two smaller sinks.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Looks awesome!
Nice work!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks real similar to the one I put in our home a couple of years ago. We have a single bowl sink in our 1140 and don't see a need to change it. Yours looks great!
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

thealexdexter
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Bedlam, post edited with links now.
2016 Arctic Fox 811SB

Bedlam
Use this link to post your pictures:

http://photoposting.is-great.net/

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD