cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"Trail Marker:" new rugged small trailer

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
It looks a little too rugged for my tastes -- I like a real bathroom and a shower -- but this little trailer looks like it could handle some pretty sketchy forest roads:

Trail Marker
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."
13 REPLIES 13

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
It fills the niche of the jeep people and other off-roads that prize them selves on being tough and capable of going anywhere. Big deal so is my tent.

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
JCR-1 wrote:
There's a reason they don't show the inside.

They do. They're under the "features" tab.
Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting, but so little storage! Give me some cabinets and cupboards. Does that trailer even have any fresh water plumbing? Didn't look like it.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
An American solution is to buy a decent used pop up trailer and put some bigger wheels on it. Maybe flip the axle and add some shocks. A rig like that can follow anywhere your truck can go for $3k instead of 10-20k.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
You are right that it is not luxurious -- it is not supposed to be. And the consuming public will let us know whether the value of the off-road capability of this trailer outweighs the purchase price. It is not for everyone.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Community Alumni
Not applicable
The interior shots in the video are useless. You know the trailer has very little to offer when a bottler opener is a highlight in the video.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
JCR-1 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLu1Y8vnhBo
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œI needed a vessel, or portal of some kind to get me, Bobbi Jo and Parker (and Patton our black lab) into the wilderness. I wanted to be a father and still be myself. I wanted to give my family something that was part of me. That part of me was the gift of being outside.โ€

Obviously written by a ad agency guy/gal who probably never camped. What a lot of โ€œstuff.โ€
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
That's a lot of money for a fancied up cargo trailer.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Caravans are really popular in Europe and especially Australia. They are well made and compact. The problem is that they cost between $10-25K as per the advertisement. You can buy a brand new trailer with everything for less than $20k.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Makes me think of a TC with wheels for really getting in deep.
A great niche product!

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Cute. There is a niche for about any camping style these days.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

JCR-1
Explorer
Explorer