cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TravelStar 17CK

michaelw
Explorer
Explorer
I recently got a TravelStar 17CK, I am a complete noob to campers and RVing in general. I have a couple of questions that I hope the community can assist me with.
1. Disconnected Vent - in the area of where the battery is there is a vent line that is supposed to connect to something then be vented outside, unfortunately both ends of the hose is disconnected and I don't have any idea where it goes.

2. Just behind the Black/Gray water drain there is a hose protruding from the underside of the camper, is this used to flush the tank or does it have a different purpose?

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide, again a total noob here...
Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like the FW tank drain.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

michaelw
Explorer
Explorer
Photos as requested...[img] Click For Full-Size Image.[/img]

[img] Click For Full-Size Image.[/img]

Click For Full-Size Image.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
#1 I remember my past TT the battery was stored in an inclosed compartment in the camper, the battery it's self was in an water tight case with cover. The cover top had a flexible hose that connected to a external vent on the camper, maybe yours is similar?
(this was to vent battery fumes to the outside of the camper)

#2 my fresh water tank has a drain hose and a high point air vent hose for water to exit when filling

Mke
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Pictures would be most helpful. The hose near the drain line is likely a drain line for water heater or fresh water tank.