cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uh Oh.....Dodge/Cummins Emissions Law Suit

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
It appears that they didn't fully divulge the real story on emmissions with the 6.7L diesel in 2007-2012 trucks

The case is Bledsoe v. FCA USA LLC, 16-cv-14024, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan (Detroit).

LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31
32 REPLIES 32

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Now now! This thread is going to be history!
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
NJRVer wrote:
Talk about personal responsibility...How many lawsuits does Trump have going?
Sheesh.

Trump is one single person. I am referring to the very large percentage (not all, but a large percent) of liberal voters who are voting simply to keep receiving benefits from social programs. There is a difference...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

drittal
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
drittal wrote:
1) Doesn't cummins design the emmissions equipment for Dodge/Ram?
yes they do

2) doesn't this fall in the time line of when Daimler owned chrysler?
DamnLiar sold Chrysler to Cerberus in 2007. However those trucks where already designed by Damnliar as Cerberus designed nothing.

So why is FCA being named in lawsuit?

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
drittal wrote:
yes they do

DamnLiar sold Chrysler to Cerberus in 2007. However those trucks where already designed by Damnliar as Cerberus designed nothing.
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
spoon059 wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
People have no sense of "Personal Responsibility" it is never their fault that they got hurt for misusing a product.

And just think, if not for the Electoral College we might have another 4 years where personal responsibility is shunned...

100% agree with you here!

Talk about personal responsibility...How many lawsuits does Trump have going?
Sheesh.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
People have no sense of "Personal Responsibility" it is never their fault that they got hurt for misusing a product.

And just think, if not for the Electoral College we might have another 4 years where personal responsibility is shunned...

100% agree with you here!
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

drittal
Explorer
Explorer

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
rhagfo wrote:

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
TexasChaps wrote:
Airstreamer67 wrote:
I see the attorney in Mississippi just dropped his case against Popeye's Chicken because he and his family were being criticized for his effort to right a great wrong.

It seems he, the attorney, had choked on a piece of fried chicken because he wasn't given a knife to cut it with. Without the needed knife, he, the attorney, was forced to rip the chicken off the bone with only his bare teeth! This caused some of the brutalized meat to lodge in this throat, and it required medical intervention to correct the problem.

He, the attorney, says that even though he dropped the suit in order to save him and his family, he hopes the chicken company learned its lesson and will begin supplying knives to eat its fried chicken with in the future.

Probably not. After all, McDonald's didn't seem to learn its lesson. It's still serving coffee hot, despite the lawsuit brought by the lady with the burned loins.

perhaps the attorney could learn to eat properly.. but that would be too simple.. easier to start a frivolous lawsuit.. these people.. sigh..

LOL!!!!

Let's not forget that it is likley that almost 100% of the warning labels on the stuff we buy is the result of some stupid lawsuit!!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Grodyman wrote:
What's the pollution factor for all those "Clean Diesel" trucks driving down the freeway belching toxic white smoke while they "Regen?" After owning a 2009 F350 6.4 for a year, I can smell that "clean" sickening stench for miles. I'm guessing the carcinogen factor during regen is 1000X the output of an older, normal diesel engine. And our freeways are stacked with big rigs in a constant state of "Regen."

These new trucks may be cleaner for 275 driven miles, but they more than make up for it during the 25-50 miles while in regen that I doubt in the end there is any real benefit. I suspect, that in fact, regen pollution may be more toxic.

Actually quite a few from Gas engines here are some
6.1 NOx. 6.2 Volatile organic compounds. 6.3 Ozone. 6.4 Carbon monoxide (CO) 6.5 Hazardous air pollutants (toxics) 6.6 Particulate matter (PM10 and PM2.5) 6.7 Carbon dioxide (CO2) 6.8 Water vapor. 6.8.1 Water recovery.

Grodyman
Explorer
Explorer
What's the pollution factor for all those "Clean Diesel" trucks driving down the freeway belching toxic white smoke while they "Regen?" After owning a 2009 F350 6.4 for a year, I can smell that "clean" sickening stench for miles. I'm guessing the carcinogen factor during regen is 1000X the output of an older, normal diesel engine. And our freeways are stacked with big rigs in a constant state of "Regen."

These new trucks may be cleaner for 275 driven miles, but they more than make up for it during the 25-50 miles while in regen that I doubt in the end there is any real benefit. I suspect, that in fact, regen pollution may be more toxic.
2017 F150 CC/5.5' 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost/3.55
2018 Passport Ultra-Lite 153ML

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
The humor is great guys ,keep it coming,quite Refreshing!!

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
I can't help but wonder how did Ram/cummins fix the soot clogging emissions problems with the 6.7ctd from 07.5-12. The supposed fix was to be a new calibration that fixed some trucks but did not fix others.

I suspect that calibration change was controlling the EGR duty cycle and volume to reduce soot build up in the EGR cooler, EGR valve, turbo and the DPF, but could have come at the expense of meeting EPA requirements.

Ram Owners accuse emission cheating
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
Would anybody be surprised if the Ford 1/2 ton diesel is delayed.?

um final calibration is taking longer then expected.............
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-