cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just a reminder, re winterizing.

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
Getting my coach done this Wednesday. Friend reminded me to go thru from top to bottom, front to back, left to right and look in every cabinet and cubby for anything that might freeze. Laundry soap, WD-40, Pam, anything...! While at it, pull all AC filters and give them a good cleaning so they are ready for the spring outing, you know your are already planning it.
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)
11 REPLIES 11

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
3 dog nights wrote:
Getting my coach done this Wednesday. Friend reminded me to go thru from top to bottom, front to back, left to right and look in every cabinet and cubby for anything that might freeze. Laundry soap, WD-40, Pam, anything...! While at it, pull all AC filters and give them a good cleaning so they are ready for the spring outing, you know your are already planning it.
Yeah - don't forget the beer and sparkling water stored under the bed. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I actually did a couple years ago. The beer never froze, but the water did and broke every can - about 12 of them. Luckily I found it while it was still ice so was semi-easy to clean up.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
SidecarFlip wrote:
WD 40 don't freeze btw.

I'm not sure Laundry soap does either. Even if it does I'm not sure it would brake the bottle open. Just set it in a sink.

I actually leave gallon jugs of water in my sink all winter. The freeze solid but, are flexible enough to not break. If we get a warm day in the winter and I want to go camping I have water ready to go. It un-thaws as the camper heats up. And, in case of emergency my TT is my way to escape. I store it at home and I can be hooked up and on the road in 15 minutes.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the tanks were dumped and I have poured antifreeze in the traps there is no reason to leave the valves open and have sewage dripping onto my driveway. Been doing this for 40 years in extreme MN winters without a problem. No "Poopsickles" for me.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I love reading all the "Winterize" threads. I use the "S" method

Upstate "S" Carolina 42 degrees out just now. No ice. Rain yes but no ice
(Stay off the mountain however gets cold up there).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip: Are you really from Michigan? Everyone knows WD40 freezes solid north of I-69 from January to April there. Geeez. :W
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
MDKMDK wrote:

mmmmmmm, sno-cones. :E

Looks like a pink poopcicle to me. ๐Ÿ˜›

You read my mind. Yuck. :B
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
WD 40 don't freeze btw.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:

Looks like a pink poopcicle to me. ๐Ÿ˜›

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Winterized yesterday, but not shut down. Going to Louisiana on Nov 17. I'll unwinterize, then winterize again when we return home on the 25th.

Meanwhile, we're still driveway camping, but for the next few days we are in a "no water" zone. Port-a-potty in the bathroom, no water in the sinks. We can shower and fix meals in the house again, but still enjoy hanging out and sleeping in the camper.

So, I winterized the water lines yesterday and opened all the holding tank valves so everything could finish dripping out. It seems this new Montana continues to drip on-and-on-and-on.

So, when we woke up this morning in mid-20 degree weather, I shouldn't have been surprised when I saw this.

It warmed up and it's melted off now, and I closed the valves and replaced the caps.

Just a sober reminder to make sure your tank valves aren't dripping. I left mine open on purpose as they were already dumped. Still, I'm amazed how much more drippled over night and turned to this.

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
at least there is no "color" in the ice. I used my jacks to tilt left and right to drain as much as possible. Waited till dripping stopped before tilting the other way. Good luck!
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Winterized yesterday, but not shut down. Going to Louisiana on Nov 17. I'll unwinterize, then winterize again when we return home on the 25th.

Meanwhile, we're still driveway camping, but for the next few days we are in a "no water" zone. Port-a-potty in the bathroom, no water in the sinks. We can shower and fix meals in the house again, but still enjoy hanging out and sleeping in the camper.

So, I winterized the water lines yesterday and opened all the holding tank valves so everything could finish dripping out. It seems this new Montana continues to drip on-and-on-and-on.

So, when we woke up this morning in mid-20 degree weather, I shouldn't have been surprised when I saw this.

It warmed up and it's melted off now, and I closed the valves and replaced the caps.

Just a sober reminder to make sure your tank valves aren't dripping. I left mine open on purpose as they were already dumped. Still, I'm amazed how much more drippled over night and turned to this.