cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is it over already?

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
I was headed south out of Parker, Arizona yesterday and there sure were a lot of RV's headed north out of Quartzsite. Seems like a few folks are missing home and starting early to get there. Arizona's best weather is yet to happen.
Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out
9 REPLIES 9

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
byronlj wrote:
They were headed to Lake Havasu. Big fireworks shows and Rock a Billy all this weekend.

and Sunday swap meet .....
Quartzsite starts to shut down mid Feb. winter is supposed to be over.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

byronlj
Explorer
Explorer
They were headed to Lake Havasu. Big fireworks shows and Rock a Billy all this weekend.
byronlj
2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800RL

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Fizz wrote:
Maybe a lot of people have a busy social life back home or they want to get the garden going. It usually takes a couple of weeks to get back in the groove.
Maybe they're just sick of potluck suppers ๐Ÿ™‚

Thereโ€™s a million reasons. For us we would โ€œvacationโ€ home. Snowbirding is a lifestyle, the trip back can be a rush or a break away from stereotype snowbirding. Heck many times we would leave the park drive 400 miles and jump on a cruise ship for a week before resuming our slow march north.

Itโ€™s a new generation out there that have traveled during their working life, and know the ropes. Tin can traveling, eating in, and watching every penny was the last generation dream retirement.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe a lot of people have a busy social life back home or they want to get the garden going. It usually takes a couple of weeks to get back in the groove.
Maybe they're just sick of potluck suppers ๐Ÿ™‚

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
For 15 years, I have watched the same situation leaving Yuma. It can be Canadians having to be back in country due to their medical deal. But I have always felt that the US people headed north are part of the population that must touch, feel, see snow for some reason. Then when they leave in mid March, it's the "I got get home to do the taxes". Shoot, in todays world you can do your taxes from anywhere in the world.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
The weather historian Iโ€™ve followed for 10+ years (excellent track record) says winter will last through most of March.

In my area the first day of Spring usually means six more weeks of winter.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
We would leave at the end of Feb and sometimes take a month to get home. No rush, just follow Spring as it rolled north.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
The weather historian Iโ€™ve followed for 10+ years (excellent track record) says winter will last through most of March.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe it's a mass exodus to the dump station or Wallys for resupply? This doesn't look like "time to go home conditions"

2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed