cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB travel park or Pirateland

HydrogenCyanide
Explorer
Explorer
Can’t decide between these two places for the last week of July. Please help me decide. 3 families all with 30ft travel trailers and kids that rams from 12-15 years old. What are the pro’s and con’s of each?
4 REPLIES 4

Agree with the above.. It will depend on WHO you want happier ..

Both are nice parks, with MBTP being more laid back.. MBTP has plenty of things to do, pool, game room, rolling river, basketball court, and activities daily.... BUT it always seams that there are MORE kids at Pirateland...Not to mention a TON more golf carts.....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I find Pirateland to be more hectic with lots of things going on.
Kids may find Pirateland to have more action vs. being more hectic.
In the end MB travel park is a more relaxing atmosphere vs. a busier, more going on atmosphere.
Do you want a more teenager friendly campground or a more adult friendly CG.
Both are both decent places but they are differences
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
We liked PirateLand. Our kids were 11 and 12 when we went. Nice place, we loved it.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
Have you already checked that either of them have availability? This is a little late to be trying to get reservations at any of the ocean front MB campgrounds, especially for multiple spots.

Our favorite is Myrtle Beach Travel Park, mostly due to the location--it's a lot closer to the things we like to do in MB--and because it's not quite as busy/hectic as the others but still has plenty for kids to do.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K