cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding simple fan, Looking for RV vent fan bracket...

SJ-Chris
Explorer
Explorer
I recently replaced the motor and fan in my bathroom vent on my Class C RV. Very easy/quick job.

It got me to thinking...it might be nice to have a small fan on some of my other ceiling vents in the RV (currently, they do not have fans). There is power nearby (ceiling light). The vent already has the support bar for the open/close lever, and I can see it has holes where a fan bracket could go.

Can any of you tell me where I could find this bracket (circled in yellow) for a fan?

It could be as easy as adding that bracket and then installing the fan & blade and then tapping power from the ceiling light through a small switch (...I can even see the vent screen/cover trim has a punch-out for where a switch could be added).

Yes, I am aware there are MaxAir, and Hengs, and several other units that can be installed. But I'm thinking a bathroom type 6" fan might be simple and inexpensive (~$25) to install. Could use a forward/reverse type switch that would allow for blowing in or blowing out. Good idea? Bad idea?

-Chris
San Jose, CA
Own two 2015 Thor Majestic 28a Class C RVs
6 REPLIES 6

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is an older thread that the OP posted but has since done an install and posted about it here.
I am closing this thread as it no longer has any use.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

RickW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get a gutter downspout strap at the hardware store. Bend to fit in a vice.
Rick
04 GMC 1500 4X4X4, 04 Sunlite SB

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
SJ-Chris wrote:
I recently replaced the motor and fan in my bathroom vent on my Class C RV. Very easy/quick job.

It got me to thinking...it might be nice to have a small fan on some of my other ceiling vents in the RV (currently, they do not have fans). There is power nearby (ceiling light). The vent already has the support bar for the open/close lever, and I can see it has holes where a fan bracket could go.

Can any of you tell me where I could find this bracket (circled in yellow) for a fan?

It could be as easy as adding that bracket and then installing the fan & blade and then tapping power from the ceiling light through a small switch (...I can even see the vent screen/cover trim has a punch-out for where a switch could be added).

Yes, I am aware there are MaxAir, and Hengs, and several other units that can be installed. But I'm thinking a bathroom type 6" fan might be simple and inexpensive (~$25) to install. Could use a forward/reverse type switch that would allow for blowing in or blowing out. Good idea? Bad idea?

-Chris

you can get fan conversions that changes any standerd opening to a power fan, you just have to fish the power from a light or somthing. they give you a much better functioning fan also.

fan for 14" opening
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
i have used a small box fan held in the vent opening inside with a bungee cord just put longer screws in 2 corners not screwed in all the way to hook the bungee cord to.
there are 12v box fans available

this one is 5v you could cut the cord and attach a usb connector to itamazon 10" box fan

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
That bracket can easily be made by anyone with a vise and metal working skills. Check with someone who works with hvac venting. Should be inexpensive.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
About any hardware store should have a piece of metal, aluminum etc. you could cut, drill and/or bend into a bracket IMO. Larger PCV pipe (3 to 4 inch) cut lengthwise to size might also work. It is plenty strong.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad