cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground around Winter Park, Florida

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
Our Daughter lives in Winter Park, Florida, and we always stay at Orange Blossom KOA in Apopka.... I was wondering is anyone would have a recommendation for a park closer to Winter Park? We spend at a minimum of 45 min each way driving to her house each day, so 1-1/2 hours round trip... We spend around 1 week in the area before heading to Ft. Myers.... We really donโ€™t use the amenities, but certainly want a safe, clean park. Any suggestions anyone would have would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
RVman / John
RVman3252
3252Px3 KZ Sportsmen Limited Triple Slide Fifth Wheel
Dodge Ram HD3500 CrewCab, Longbed 4x4 Cummins w/ PullRite Super 5th

Good Sam Life Member
6 REPLIES 6

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
azwildcat wrote:
Twelve Oaks RV Resort in Sanford. Not fancy but nice people and convenient to everything.

azwildcat, I need to check out Twelve Oaks, This past February we drove by this park, however there was so much construction on the highway if front of Twelve Oaks, I couldn't tell if it was closer, timewise... I will look at them when we are down there this coming January. I certainly don't need fancy, just clean & safe area is what we are looking for, plus a closer drive to and from our daughters house in Winter Park. Thanks for the suggestion!

RVman / John
RVman3252

Good Sam Life Member

azwildcat
Explorer
Explorer
Twelve Oaks RV Resort in Sanford. Not fancy but nice people and convenient to everything.

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
johnhicks wrote:
Wekiva Springs SP might be a little closer but probably not enough to make any difference. Just too much traffic in the whole area.

Thank you, I may check it out when I get down there... and boy you are right about the traffic! LOL
RVman3252

Good Sam Life Member

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
Try the Allstays Florida Campground Map.

Thanks! I have checked their site... I didnโ€™t see anything closer...
RVman3252

Good Sam Life Member

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Wekiva Springs SP might be a little closer but probably not enough to make any difference. Just too much traffic in the whole area.
-jbh-

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try the Allstays Florida Campground Map.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus