cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good RV Park South of Salt Lake City?

helmethead
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, everyone. We're looking for a nice RV park for just one or two nights, no more than an hour south of Salt lake City, with hookups.

Anyone have any recommendations? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
17 REPLIES 17

debw241
Explorer
Explorer
sorry == tryng to delete my post

debw241
Explorer
Explorer
I did not mention re KOA in Salt Lake City only because it is not SOUTH of Salt Lake City.

Thanks for the update -- we had stayed at Mountain Shadows 2 years prior and permanent residents was not an issue. We did have other issues just because it was summer and so crowded -- i.e. someone stole our NEW hose, had problems re people people camping in our site (since we had no tow and pulled out)... we changed sites after renewing (as we stayed there after our scheduled work date was extended)... and used cone to reserve (some people even moved cone)

Beyond that -- staff was friendly, it was clean, and we enjoyed our stay.

debw241
Explorer
Explorer
I did not mention re KOA in Salt Lake City only because it is not SOUTH of Salt Lake City.

Thanks for the update -- we had stayed at Mountain Shadows 2 years prior and permanent residents was not an issue. We did have other issues just because it was summer and so crowded -- i.e. someone stole our NEW hose, had problems re people people camping in our site (since we had no tow and pulled out)... we changed sites after renewing (as we stayed there after our scheduled work date was extended)... and used cone to reserve (some people even moved cone)

Beyond that -- staff was friendly, it was clean, and we enjoyed our stay.

jalichty
Explorer
Explorer
I think we stayed at Mountain Shadows this last spring. Staff was great, sites were a little tight, but most were pull-through. Price was very reasonable for FHU.
John A. Lichty

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
I have a brother-in-law in Kearns and have stayed at Mountain Shadows several times. It is your best bet if you want to be near downtown SLC. Sites are a little tight, but staff is friendly, laundry is much better than average, and rates are not bad for "in town".

Reservations recommended. The LDS church has lots of events that others don't know about and the park fills up fast.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lakeside or the state park next door Utah Lake
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

UtahBluegrass
Explorer
Explorer
Selkie asked if the mess from geese and ducks was still a problem.

That place in Provo is no longer a KOA. The new KOA is in Springville and is a quantum leap better.
2013 Evergreen Everlite 29RLW
2013 Ram Laramie diesel 4x4
Parties 10, Feeds 4, Sleeps 2

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
We were at Mountain shadows a few weeks ago. It was O.K. for an overnight but I can't say I would stay there again. Too many long term residents and the sites are very close together. On the plus side the Camping World is within walking distance. You will need a 50 amp to 30 amp adapter if your unit is 30 amp. I accused the clerk at CW of being in cahoots with the campground to sell those things. He laughed because I'm sure they sell ALOT of them.

debw241
Explorer
Explorer
Re South of Salt Lake City -- this may be to late to help you... but perhaps others -- DRAPER is the closest area RV Park south of Salt Lake City -- We stayed for about 3 months during the summer a couple of years ago -- (in summer I definitely recommend reservations!) -- MOUNTAIN SHADOWS RV PARK -- www.mountain-shadows.com -- it is 14 miles south of Salt Lake City. 13275 Minuteman Dr, Draper, UT 84020
(801) 571-4024

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
n7bsn, we stayed there for three nites in May 2012, did not see geese, geese droppings, or crowing roosters.
2015 Newmar Dutchstar 4369
2013 Chevy Equinox

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We just stayed at Wagon Wheel RV Park in Fillmore, UT. Not sure if that is too far south. It has some of the longest pull thrus we have ever seen. Owners very friendly. This is also a Passport America Park. It is a small town but there is a nice grocery and several restaurants. Just stay away from the Chinese restaurant as it was not good.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

Selkie
Explorer
Explorer
Lakeside X3

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
purplekeenah wrote:
Springville/Provo KOA is neat and clean.

Did they get rid of the Fowl they used to allow to roam the campground at will. Don't know what I hated more, the Roosters crowing at first light, in July.... Or the Geese dropping their green slimes everywhere
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Lakeside RV park, Provo.

been there before, would stay again.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.