Super Duty super cab 158" wheel base
Eagle 320 rlds 2008
Raised Oct, 1988
Reese Dual Cam
12 REPLIES 12

Skylark
Explorer
Explorer
We have being going to Hunting Island park for the last 5 years. We will be there from 6/30 to 7/14 this year. Good luck to you all.
Sky

LakeN
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to know that park rules request that the deer not be fed by humans.....
'16 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B
'14 Ford Focus Titanium Toad with Blue Ox tow system

myway2rv
Explorer
Explorer
dyb:
Sorry to hear about the health issue. My knees are a ticking time bomb, also.
My better half requires me to visit Hunting Island before the health thing catches up with me. She says the deer will come right up to you and eat out of your hand. I hope that, at least, we see a few. Going for 3 nights in July.
2005 Jayco 30 GS

southernsnow
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the update on the bugs. I appreciate it. Sorry that health issues have necessitated the sale, but hopefully you are still able to enjoy travel in another capacity.

All the best,
Marie

dyb
Explorer
Explorer
Back from Hunting island after 5 days. Did the tick inspection after the shower and found one. Also sold our jayco eagle 320 rlds TT today. No more camping. Wifes kneees and some issues I have made it nessary.
2005 F 250 5.4, 4.10 Gear, Tow/Haul, TorqShift Tranny 8ft. Box
Built in Break Controller
Eagle 320 rlds 2008
Raised Oct, 1988
Reese Dual Cam

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Have a good trip,dont do what I did. I threw a cast net for hours at a saltwater pond. No bug spray,got engrossed in catching bait. This was my first time there. Wow hundreds of noseeum bites that itched for days. Lesson learned always spray if your going to be anywhere near those things.

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Have a good time! One of our favorites. We stop there every January en route south and enjoy beach walks in the winter.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We LOVE it and are going during the middle of the summer!!!! Can you say hot and sticky, as well as buggy.

We have been there in April and NOT had to worry about skeeters and we have been there in April and got eaten alive. Take some spray and use it religiously.

106 and 64 are our favorite sites, so far.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Ramblin_Recks
Explorer
Explorer
That's a great park! Enjoy!
George and Ann
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB ,4x4,3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 640W Solar, MPPT60, Magnum 2000
Retired Army, but still working....until 2016

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Have fun, hope you have good weather
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

dyb
Explorer
Explorer
Been going there 25 years. 2 things one can count on, a relaxing stay and BUGS. No see ems - mosquitos-and ticks. try to avoid brushing against bushes, tree branches tall grass. the deer have a lot of them. At the front of the second section 109
2005 F 250 5.4, 4.10 Gear, Tow/Haul, TorqShift Tranny 8ft. Box
Built in Break Controller
Eagle 320 rlds 2008
Raised Oct, 1988
Reese Dual Cam

southernsnow
Explorer
Explorer
Have a great trip! I will be very curious to hear about your stay. We are headed there at Easter week, and the advice I have been given makes me think I should be shrouded in a mosquito net! Lol I'll be anxious to hear the bug report for this time of year. Do you have a beachfront spot?

Safe travels.