cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

' My site is to private and too wide'

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Yup. It happened today. A guest with a toybox 5 er pulled in today onto his months ago requestedby # reserved end of line PT site. They are new at this life.

After convincing him to park the rig this away for leveling, toy tailgate, truck and M/C parking, all seemed well.
Then she comes to the office upset that the site is 'too private, it will be the worst 2 weeks of her life" . When shes building a campfire on the drivers side, in an adjoining site, I ask your firepit is on the other side? why are you building a fire here on a someone elses site? "Our site firering is too far away" .

Some people have to have walls
29 REPLIES 29

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
After reading some of these stories, it makes me question the statement.....”There’s no such thing as a dumb question”! :S
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
missourijan wrote:
The "all about me" people are definitely out there. We volunteer as park hosts part of the year. At an oceanside state park in CA I had someone ask what time the dolphins come by. The stories we could tell. . . . .

… or for us as volunteers describing to a camper the 'scenic' drive in the park. The question was "Is there anything to see"?
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
The "all about me" people are definitely out there. We volunteer as park hosts part of the year. At an oceanside state park in CA I had someone ask what time the dolphins come by. The stories we could tell. . . . .

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some of these remind me of the guy 2 sites away from us in a fully wooded site at a COE CG, had his Leaf Blower going every morning, how inconsiderate that they didn't tell him at check in that there would possibly be leafs at the site. :R
Another candidate for the WalMart group. :S
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
When I go camping, I do not even take a television. The trees are safe.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
austinjenna wrote:
They told her the tree has probably been there 80 yrs already and she will be there for 3 days and they are not cutting anything down.

:B

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I recently witnessed this as I was checking into the campground. A woman was demanding they cut down the tree by their site because it interfered with their satellite dish and they could not watch tv. They told her the tree has probably been there 80 yrs already and she will be there for 3 days and they are not cutting anything down. She then demanded they move her to a new site and I loved it when they said 'sorry the campground is full' and then she stormed off.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
My in-laws FT'd and did park hosting for many years.
They called these kind of people "10 percenters" because they figured it was about that percent that were a PIA.

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
I'm surprised she didn't want to know where the "SAFE SPACE" was.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Campforever wrote:
As an active campground host at a slightly wooded campground had an interesting complaint last year. The 40 feet + motor coach rudely and profanely complained and demanded that we cut down 5 trees immediately so he could get his Dish network. At first I thought he was joking, then he really got ugly. He was also the person who kept driving the wrong way on a clearly marked and signed direction signs. WOW, WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE WE HAVE IN THIS WORLD.
Sometimes it is nice to meet people and sometimes it is nice to see them go, OOPS, did I say that.
YEP.

Quick and Simple reply - Wal*Mart usually has no issue with Trees in the Middle of the Lot!!! Go and enjoy yourself.
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the best laughs DW and I have had all week!
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450🙂

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
If you can NOT hear someone using the toilet paper roll in the camper next to yours...the site is obviously way too big.

Campforever
Explorer
Explorer
As an active campground host at a slightly wooded campground had an interesting complaint last year. The 40 feet + motor coach rudely and profanely complained and demanded that we cut down 5 trees immediately so he could get his Dish network. At first I thought he was joking, then he really got ugly. He was also the person who kept driving the wrong way on a clearly marked and signed direction signs. WOW, WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE WE HAVE IN THIS WORLD.
Sometimes it is nice to meet people and sometimes it is nice to see them go, OOPS, did I say that.
YEP.
Randy, Retired and Loving it...
Chevy Dually 3500 Duramax 2015
3910 Montana (2015) Three Slides

5 slides

Campforever
Explorer
Explorer
As an active campground host at a slightly wooded campground had an interesting complaint last year. The 40 feet + motor coach rudely and profanely complained and demanded that we cut down 5 threes immediately so he could get his Dish network. At first I thought he was joking, then he really got ugly. He was also the person who kept driving the wrong way on a clearly marked and signed direction signs. WOW, WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE WE HAVE IN THIS WORLD.
YEP.
Randy, Retired and Loving it...
Chevy Dually 3500 Duramax 2015
3910 Montana (2015) Three Slides

5 slides