cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arizona

trackdude
Explorer
Explorer
Help! We have been to AZ and loved it! Now we think we might want snowbird there and have begun our research.. The choices are almost overwhelming. We are inclined to get a park model for a month or so for our visit rather than haul our camper from Maine.

So far, we like what see of the Prescott Valley and points east and west of there. We'd love to have the opinions of Forum members who can recommend a nice park with nice park models to rent.
2004 GMC Denali, 6.0 L SUV
Freedom Express TT, 295 RLDS
One wife and a tumbleweed for a pet.
16 REPLIES 16

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
What Barb ^^^^^ said! Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
Phoenix isn't that much higher. And so much, much, much more to do.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

Skyberg01
Explorer
Explorer
Most people go south in the winter to get away from the cold weather. So, why not go to the warmest winter place which is Yuma AZ. This fall will be our 15th season in Yuma. Our home is only 100 feet above sea level. Both Tucson and Phoenix are much higher elevation and cooler.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
New Mexico is cold in the winter. It's at higher elevation. We are at 4,000 ft and they get 3 ft snow drifts and wind here. Most of the state is at this elevation or higher. If you do come west, or even TX, the lower the elevation, the warmer it will be in the winter.

alfredmay
Explorer
Explorer
If you are considering TX, then consider Victoria Palms RV Resort in Donna, TX. It is centrally located in the Rio Grande Valley just off Interstate 2 which provides easy access to travel along the valley. VPR has over 1,000 sites so if you bring your RV you can use it. VPR also has a restaurant and motel. The motel has 20 standard motel rooms and 100 suites. The suites each have a bedroom, living room eat in kitchen and bathroom. I winter in this park and can tell you the area is safe and the motel is in excellent condition. If you decide to make a reservation call the property direct as you will get up to date info. The motel and RV sections each have a separate office.
Alfred May
2005 Excursion V10 4.30 4x4
2002 Cedar Creek 30RBS TT by Forest River
Reese Dual Cam
Tekonsha Prodigy

trackdude
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, FL is on the short list as is southern GA. But I lived in FL for 20 years so I already know a lot about it.

We are also considering NM and TX. If we go without our RV and try to find a park model or an affordable condo while we research an area, we have no way of knowing about the safety of the area or the condition of the accommodations.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Have you considered Florida? about 2000 miles closer (all right maybe not that much closer) April/May are great weather months. June gets wet.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Prescott Valley avg temps
March----64*/33*
April----70*/38*

Check out the various CGs in Prescott Valley and surrounding area
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/arizona/prescott-valley
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
Check Havasu RV Resort. Scroll to the bottom of THIS list.

havasurvresort.org
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

trackdude
Explorer
Explorer
Great info, thanks!

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think Prescott Valley in March/April will be cold... some cool nights perhaps but not cold. If you want a Park Model to rent, try Orchard Ranch RV in nearby Dewey.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Swell1
Explorer
Explorer
Prescott Valley will be cold. You might want to try Mesa, Apache Junction, or Gold Canyon. Go to the Good Sam home page and look at the map. It will list all the camp grounds/RV resorts in the area. FYI you're probably to late find anything for this year for 1 month to rent. most only take 3 month rentals during the prime season. A couple of names are Cal-Am and Roberts resorts both have park models and RV sites. Hope this helps you.
Good Luck
2017 SportTrek 271 VRB
2016 F150 Eco boost with max tow package

lhenry8113
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Moon River RV Resort-near Bullhead City-believe they have Park models. Also, close to Colorado River and Laughlin. Seemed like a nice place. Rated 9/9/9 by Good Sam. We had gotten there around dinner hour 1 day after Thanksgiving-as we were checking in the campground office folks invited us to a free left-overs Thanksgiving dinner, after we got set up. Wow, that was some dinner:B. Lars
2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œrather than haul our camper from Maine.โ€œ
Itโ€™s the journey for me. So many beautiful byways from Maine to AZ.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad