cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rio grand valley

JMCC730248
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s been several years since I wintered down there;any recommendations for reasonably priced parks with music jams and pot lucks?thanks in advance;
2016 Ford F250 Diesel short bed 6speed automatic
06 jayco eagle 301rls,retired and loving it, TOM .............don,t look back something might be gaining on you..........
10 REPLIES 10

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
We winter at Mission West RV in Palmview. There are weekly jams open to the public and a private jam session just for park members. We also have a golf course. I believe that it is $1,000 for five months for first timers.

8ntw8tn
Explorer
Explorer
Disclaimer: I have no personal experience with the park, nor is it a promotion of it. We have friends from Illinois who winter at Paradise RV Park in Harlingen, TX. Their description seems to match your requirements. Hope this helps.
'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Things were already changing before Covid 19 hit. It just hastened things along. Unlike twenty years ago, there are few people under 70 enjoying the RGV Winters. Dances that at one time sold out are now half occupied for instance. It is still a good bargain in weather for those frugal Midwesterners that want to get out of Iowa or Minnesota on the cheap. The appeal for many of us Singles was the dances but who knows if and when they will return?

I hope this does not come across as too negative as I plan to be here a couple of more Winters. It is cheap, windy, the locals are friendly, and there will be some bargains to be had in park models and mobile homes. Be aware that the locals are not worried about the Covid as they slam the ever popular flea markets without masks or distancing. That is why we are on the national news most evenings.

JMCC730248
Explorer
Explorer
I sure hope that new vaccine they are talking about becomes available soon;Im ready for some normality
06 jayco eagle 301rls,retired and loving it, TOM .............don,t look back something might be gaining on you..........

WE-C-USA
Explorer
Explorer
At the current time. Alot of parks are on Lock down. With the Covid and the current flooding, it's anyone's guess when things will start being normal again.
Frank & PJ
2022 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
JMCC730248 wrote:
Thanks for the info;I had been looking at bentsen palms rv resort

There is Bentsen Palm Village Resort and Bentsen Palm. They are drastically different in price ans Amenities.
pawatt

JMCC730248
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info;I had been looking at bentsen palms rv resort

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Nearly 500 parks in the Valley. DO NOT MAKE Reservations, they are not needed. Come down, rent a spot for a week and visit many parks to find a park and site you like. I suggest the parks on Bentsen Palm Drive in Palmview. FYI This is currently a Covid 19 Hot Spot and unless it improves a lot group activities and music will be shut down. Some of the parks have also closed the pools.
pawatt

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
JMCC730248 wrote:
Itโ€™s been several years since I wintered down there;any recommendations for reasonably priced parks with music jams and pot lucks?thanks in advance;

Either way, if the border stays closed to Canadians, you'll probably get some better deals down there, and across the rest of Snowbird land. Should be plenty of vacancies, too, I'd imagine.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Music jams and potlucks in the Rio Grande? Or anywhere? Good luck with that.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman