cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Skidaway Island is a gem

Linda_VA2
Explorer
Explorer
We just returned from a nice stay at Skidaway Island State Park. This place is so beautiful, clean and well maintained. I wish we could have stayed longer, but we had to head north. We have been there before several years ago, but I think we now appreciate it even more. The pull over sites are so easy to get in and out of. The TV reception was fine via the antennae and the peacefulness of this place gets your mind in a wonderful place.
13 REPLIES 13

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Been there and loved it. Satellite TV will not pickup in most site because of all the great trees. Rush hour traffic to & from the isle can be a pain so beware.

rocmoc n AZ/Fld/Baja
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

southernsnow
Explorer
Explorer
We just left there Sunday after a week ourselves! We had a spectacular week - weather wise and otherwise. You are only 15-20 minutes from downtown and all that offers. Then you retreat to a beautiful park. The park has interesting trails, and the rangers have programs for young and old to participate in. Very affordable state park pricing.

The only downside - once it warmed up we fought the Noseeum gnats ( and I think they won!)

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
Skidaway is amazing. In fact we are headed back there in May.
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 locker, 3,295 Payload
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 7.8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
TragedyTrousers wrote:
How's it compare to the KOA? I just cancelled reservations for koa and switched to Skidaway.

We like it better, especially price-wise. Plus it supports the state park system of GA. Here's a link to their webpage and under events, you can see there's always something going on for both kids and adults.
Skidaway Island State Park
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

TragedyTrousers
Explorer
Explorer
How's it compare to the KOA? I just cancelled reservations for koa and switched to Skidaway.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
DownTheAvenue wrote:
You will find all Georgia State parks to be well run, clean, and a great value!!!!!

Double ditto. Skidaway is also featuring some upgrades such as FHUs that are also being installed in some of the other GA SPs.

Savannah is beautiful in Spring too.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
We're planning on stopping there on our northern trek next month. We stayed at Fort McAllister SP the last time we were up that way but due to RV problems we didn't get to take in Savannah, have more time this year.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
You will find all Georgia State parks to be well run, clean, and a great value!!!!!

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there in 2011, before the upgrades to the hookups. Typically we prefer FHU campsites but we were more than happy with our time at Skidaway Island. Great place.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the information about it. I like hearing about good campgrounds, but sometimes I don't know where they are. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eastern GA, SE of Savannah. WE weren't impressed, but in all fairness it was a very rainy week and the park was in the midst construction/remodeling. It appeared to be big rig friendly. Nice facilities and convenient to Savannah. All in all, a nice park in the off season, but as we were told gets quite busy on season.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yup, Skidaway is a great place. Really enjoyed our stay there as well.

fj12ryder - Skidaway Island is in Georgia, on the coast, basically outside Savannah.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Location? State?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"