cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing carpet with wood flooring in Class A

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
We want to replace the carpet in the front area of our 39' pusher with wood or simulated wood flooring. Is this a job a qualified carpet/wood floor installer could do, or is there something different about such installation in a motor home?

Thanks and stay warm

GM
2006 Discovery 39S Tin Teepee
Honda CR-V Toad
Enrolled member of the Comanche Tribe
English Bride
Bichon Frise bear killers:
Lord Shonefeld von Reginald-Friese IV.
Lady Annabelle von Lichenstein-Friese III.
3 REPLIES 3

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grey Mountain wrote:
We want to replace the carpet in the front area of our 39' pusher with wood or simulated wood flooring. Is this a job a qualified carpet/wood floor installer could do, or is there something different about such installation in a motor home?

Thanks and stay warm

GM

A qualified installer could do the job but most won't touch a MH as it does take a LOT more cuts and nooks and crannies! They will have no idea what to do with a slide-out if you have one so that can be a serious issue. If you have any plans to travel anywhere near TX anytime in the near future then you should make an appointment with Ernie and enjoy the results!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Allure flooring is a popular product used by many to replace carpet - lots of threads/pics on this forum (use the forum search feature). It's not expensive, easy to install (many do it themselves), and seems to hold up well (5+yrs in my rig). Worth a look.
Kevin

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Several threads about this recently. One running now in the class A forum.

Member erniee in Texas is the forum expert. He does glued down engineered hardwood. Does some nice work.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox