cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chuckwagon Recipes for Cast Iron Chefs

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's dutch oven weather for the campfire. Thought I would list sources for recipes that would move you beyond chili or pot roast.

Old West Chuckwagon Recipes

Chuckwagon Supply

The Dutch Oven Dude's Recipes

If you want to go full on authentic in your chuckwagon gear, try this Dakota Cowboy Chuckwagon
or this
Period-Correct RV.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
4 REPLIES 4

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you're interested in all things chuckwagon there's the National Championship Chuckwagon Races in Arkansas. Makes for a nice trip and some trail rides locally.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
A great way to cook. Unless you are cooking for a cow camp, chuckwagons are irrelevant. I have been making everything in a Dutch Oven for 40 years. Last fall I ran into Kent Rollins on a boat cruise on Lake Tahoe. A wonderful gentleman with a lovely wife and some great friends.

Greytruck18
Explorer
Explorer
Good sites... Everyone forgets the simple recopies because all you see on TV is all that fancy stuff.. You end up spend so long cooking it does not seem worth it...

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
Www.kentrollins.com