cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting cable on television

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
I can't seem to figure out how to get cable to my television. We have a 2008 Rockwood 8313SS with the dreaded Concertone system that by the way doesn't work any more.

We have replaced the TV that came in the trailer and worked with the Concertone with a LCD one. We generally hook it to our Direct TV system which we have no problem doing. We hook the satellite up and connect the cable on the outside. Like I said no issue get a signal.

This past weekend we were camping and the campground had cable and we connected our cable wire from the post to the trailer for cable. The other 2 TV's that came with the trailer worked and we could watch TV. But I could never figure out how to get cable on the LCD. Maybe it isn't possible since that Concertone doesn't work anymore.

Just thought I would ask if anyone had figured it out.
Mike and Michelle and 2 kids
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS
Equalizer hitch with Envoy brake controller
6 REPLIES 6

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Try running a coax cable direct from the park connection to your new TV and see if it works. If so, then you know there is something within your RV's wiring.

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
stickdog wrote:
Do you have both a sat connection and a cable connection outside? Do you receive satilite channels on both the other TVs when connected to sat or just the main TV.
When your connected to your sat box do you connect to the TV with coax or HDMI?

We had the same problem with our last trailer, used the HDMI for sat but had to use a seperate coax connect to the TV for cable. You may have to find the coax that was used for the previous TV.

Yes on the outside we have both a sat connection and a cable connection.
No we do not receive sat connection on the other two TV's when connected to sat, only the main TV.

There are two coax connections inside, Aux/Sat and TV. When connecting to sat the Aux/Sat coax goes to the sat box for sat in. The coax for TV is attached to out to TV. Works great.

This weekend I tried a coax from Aux/Sat to the TV and changed input to cable - nothing no signal. Attached coax from out to TV to the TV and nothing no signal.
Mike and Michelle and 2 kids
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS
Equalizer hitch with Envoy brake controller

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with stickdog..I think you need a coax cable from your tv to wall plate and then choose the correct connection in tv setup.(not HDMI) Then choose cable and scan for channels.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
love2rvcamp wrote:
This past weekend we were camping and the campground had cable and we connected our cable wire from the post to the trailer for cable. The other 2 TV's that came with the trailer worked and we could watch TV. But I could never figure out how to get cable on the LCD. Maybe it isn't possible since that Concertone doesn't work anymore.

The campground may have had digital cable and your LCD TV may not have had a QAM tuner.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have both a sat connection and a cable connection outside? Do you receive satilite channels on both the other TVs when connected to sat or just the main TV.
When your connected to your sat box do you connect to the TV with coax or HDMI?

We had the same problem with our last trailer, used the HDMI for sat but had to use a seperate coax connect to the TV for cable. You may have to find the coax that was used for the previous TV.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Since it works on the other TVs it is likely just a matter of getting the new one set up right. Did you go into the menu, select CABLE, and do a channel scan?

Or you have connected that TV to the wrong coax connector.