cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBO pulls Dish service !

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone who has dish network and HBO subscription noticed this morning that you no longer have HBO! AT&T .. Directv pulled the Chanel’s from Dish
Bill
16 REPLIES 16

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Ok folks is it DISH or AT&T/Direct????

What gets me is that the "Channel" providers (HBO. Cinimax. WXYZ-TV et.al) all charge Dish or Direct or a cable provider.. Now if the channels were indeed "Commercial Free" LIke cable was advertised as being when the first systems went up I'd say OK. since Cable and Sat make a profit on those... Your subscription pays.

But for re-broadcast Commercial OTA TV which comes complete with commercials.. Should not the stations (Which receiver money from advertisers) PAY the carrier for (DISH/DIrect/Cable) For delivery ???

Still Greed is the word folks.. It's all about seperating YOU from YOUR hard earned cash.

That is why I do not have either Dish or Direc.

X2. I do over the air plus Sling and Netflix. Got so tired of paying cable/Satellite to show me commercials.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

dedmiston
https://www.keepmyhbo.com/dish/

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Dish for me. No HBO. Don't know about DTV.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
FYI. Directv and HBO are owned by ATT.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Larry-D
Explorer
Explorer
We have Dish and it is Dish. Don't know about Direct. The Dish information is that customers won't be charged for HBO/Cinemax during the time their out.

www.mydish.com/promise

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok folks is it DISH or AT&T/Direct????

What gets me is that the "Channel" providers (HBO. Cinimax. WXYZ-TV et.al) all charge Dish or Direct or a cable provider.. Now if the channels were indeed "Commercial Free" LIke cable was advertised as being when the first systems went up I'd say OK. since Cable and Sat make a profit on those... Your subscription pays.

But for re-broadcast Commercial OTA TV which comes complete with commercials.. Should not the stations (Which receiver money from advertisers) PAY the carrier for (DISH/DIrect/Cable) For delivery ???

Still Greed is the word folks.. It's all about seperating YOU from YOUR hard earned cash.

That is why I do not have either Dish or Direc.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

BB_TX wrote:
Same old story. Contract dispute to see who will give in first. Typically back within a few days.

I don't know.... 5-6 years ago the Weather Channel and Verizon Fios had a pricing dispute... I still do not have it back and miss it during storms.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Same old story. Contract dispute to see who will give in first. Typically back within a few days.

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dish has replaced the main hbo Chanel with a “movie” Chanel playing old movies until settled.
Normal price dispute except HBO is just this year now owned by directv / ATT .. sounds kinda fishy since hbo has never held back content ever until now
Bill

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Update. I don't have Dish/HBO. I clicked on the wrong HBO channel.
https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/hbo-goes-dark-for-first-time-in-its-history-due-to-standoff-with-di...

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
The topic says Dish but I think that is fake news. In the text the OP changed the story to Directv.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I still have it on Dish.

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
Go ahead jack the prices up, the last time my Dish receiver crapped out and it took days to get a replacement I put up an outdoor antenna at home, getting 40+ channels. Between that, Amazon Prime and free streaming channels I barely turn the Dish on anymore. Will probably drop it after the holidays when the boys come home and return.
You can watch complete movies on You-Tube for free as well.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
New contracts will be back