cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV and Soundbar

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
We have a Samsung Smart TV and a soundbar. The sound in soundbar is slightly delayed between TV actors or singers and the output. Looks a bit odd to see it, even when we shut off TV sound and listen only to soundbar. The TV itself alone looks and sounds normal without soundbar.
The soundbar came with the Samsung TV in a package. It's less than a year old model.

Sound is great if just listening to music, but becomes annoying to see that delay on movies or TV shows.

I've tried to figue out how to syncronize lips with soundbar, but am not sure if I need to get into settings - if that helps - on the soundbar or the TV ... any guidance here? Thanks B & G
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic
10 REPLIES 10

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yes, it's set up correctly with HDMI and ports. I played around with the settings, and somehow it sync'd. I'm not sure exactly what changed it as is often the case with Technology and M44. Mess around with it, but don't know why it fixed itself. Not perfect, but a much less delay than before, certainly watchable now.

Our community is currently installing Fiber Optic service ... when the tech comes out next month to hook it up for us, I'm asking him to explain it and look at the settings and tell me about how it works.
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

mrgrim007
Explorer
Explorer
What interface are you using to connect the soundbar to the TV? Does the soundbar have HDMI? And does the TV support ARC (Audio Return Channel)?

The TV will have an HDMI port labeled ARC if it does. You can try using an HDMI cable and the ARC HDMI port between the TV and soundbar.
2014 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, Longbed
Rockwood 2608BS - On Order

Sold - 2002 Suburban 2500, 8.1L, 4.10
Sold - 2016 Jayco Jayflight SLX 212QBW 25' 6"
Sold - 2013 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS 35' 6"

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
What connection are you using between TV and soundbar. I have found the optical audio to be the most successful. If that's available on the TV and the soundbar, give it a try.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
It only matters when you see someone speaking directly at the audience - pretty often it's directed from side or backwards or whatever. Then again, sports it doesn't matter either, as the commentators are off-screen, and music is just music. It's annoying when watching a movie, or news, or that kind of stuff.

We don't watch that often enough to matter, but we thought there was an easy fix, or adjustment we couldn't find. We played around with the buttons, it set itself a little better and good enough. IF we don't like it, we turn off the soundbar and just listen to TV. Seems like it's a common problem, and if the manufacturers ignore it, we will too 🙂 Thanks for the comments. B & G
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is a common issue as the sound bar... I do understand why (Multiple digital to analog converters get involved each one adds a delay, and possibly an analog-digital)

TV:Digital to analog to speaker
Sound bar. D-A-D-A then speaker

Do not know how to fix it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Google tells me things that do not appear on my controls or do appear and don't perform directly the function it says when I push the buttons ... but I think I figured it out partly by rolling thru the things that do appear. Not perfect, but good enough for what we do ... I'll tinker with it a bit more.

Google is often inaccurate - we all know that - RV.net is more personal and more friendly, and more generally knowledgable once Google fails. Google fails as often as it helps 🙂 with some things. RV.net members can usually respond to an individual trapped in a tech puddle in a way that a statement or direction on Google cannot.

If I knew when and if Google was mistaken, I would not have to ask it. 🙂 Campers that are technology adept can easily Google answers and understand those directions. Campers who are tech-dumb often cannot follow directions that appear on searches as easily because - me one of them - the terminology is often not quite so intuitive.

M44 is one of the tech dumb campers ... lots of things M44 can do, but figuring out even simple technology is not one of those, unfortunately. If the buttons do what it says, M44 is home free. If it does not, but is multi-purpose like so many are today, then M44 gets lost easily.
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a Toshiba smart TV and a Klipsch soundbar and I'm having the same issue. Googling and fooling with the settings fixes the issue for a while until it becomes noticable again.

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
I've got an LG "smart" TV with the same issue. Haven't eliminated totally but improved it greatly. If Samsung is similar setup try this:

Settings>Sound>AV Sync. If the AV sync function is there, should be a button, slider or some control to adjust to "sync" the audio to the visual.

Remember the good old days when this c*%p wasn't necessary? Good Luck. If all else fails, the TV quite likely has a comprehensive manual that is loaded into the set. Good luck.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
If you search around the tv settings you will find the adjustment to speed or slow down the sound timing.
For some reason just one of the stations (CBS) on mine is always off.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure you've already tried google.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman