cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sizing photos

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but...

Whenever I post a photo from Photobucket to this site, the photos seem to come in huge. I'm using the "direct" link from my library and clicking on the photo icon here to add the link. Any way to make these photos look smaller in my post? It seems like they are way larger than others I see.

Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

Tulirose
Explorer
Explorer
I did as suggested.
Photo looks like may be too large for forum, no?
Was looking for alternative to Photobucket.
Actually wanted to use Google Photos but selection choices did not allow that, just iPhone photos or take photo w/camera.
Can't figure how to drag/drop with iPhone.

๐Ÿ™‚ THE KEY TO HAPPINESS IS A BAD MEMORY!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tulirose
Explorer
Explorer
Testing

๐Ÿ™‚ THE KEY TO HAPPINESS IS A BAD MEMORY!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes the images are stored forever but there is no way to get to them again. If you need to post the same image again, you would need to upload it again.

However, often I just find an old post of mine with the image I need, click on "edit", copy the whole post or just the image material, close the edit window, and then post the copied material into a new post with stuff edited out to fit the new situation. Sometimes this is easier for me instead of looking for the image again on my computer.

By the way, the credit for developing that app belongs to the moderator of this forum -1492.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

korbe
Explorer
Explorer

That linked site is pretty slick. Much easier than photobucket.
BTW, do the pics just get stored on some server for ever? Is there a way to find them later?
On edit, I see what happens when you delete the pic. And that the site, Imgur is a site where you can set up an account.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
To post photos do the following.

1. Upload your photo, one at a time, to this site.

2. Copy the resulting URL.

3. Paste the URL directly into your post with NO modifications. Do not add or subtract anything from the URL.

Your picture will then appear in your post and be properly sized for use on the forums. Do the same for each additional photo.

This procedure is much easier to use than the forum picture posting icon and will eliminate the oversized picture problems you are having.

It is also much simpler. You just Upload, copy, and paste.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Better practice first.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, everyone! I'll give it a shot on my next photo post.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I always just put in 500 for the width, nothing for the height, and pic comes out fine.

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
I use an app that integrates into Windows File Explorer. You right click on a photo and a menu comes up. One of the options is "Resize Pictures"
Image Resizer
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

MrWizard
Use the advance post form option on this forum

click the picture icon (looks like a mountain)

The paste in your link

Then put a number in the box for width 400>800

Some RV part use 400
Beautiful scenic shot use 640>800

This will automatically size the picture to the width that was entered
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
I will first add a pic and click "Post Message". I will look and see if it is either too large or too small, edit the post and change the height/width of the linked pic that will be part of my edit body. Then repeat until the pic looks about right.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Alternately, you can use Reply to Topic, click the Image icon, and put in the height (or width, or both) parms there.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
[IMG]http://yourphotolinkhere height=300[/IMG]

Your code will look like the above.. with that height parameter.