cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Spare tires

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
We stopped by the Georgetown KY store last week to pick up a spare tire and rim for my parents who were already ahead of us and had struck some debris causing both tires to flatten. To my shock, the service department stated they don't carry rims and tires, they just order them when needed. Are you serious? One of the most needed roadside items and a store that touches I75 does not carry tires? Whats the reason behind this? Went to a much smaller dealer up the road and purchased a tire mounted on a rim and got them back underway.
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs
11 REPLIES 11

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes I would have had the same expectations. Although in this retail environment I am not surprised. CW had their shot so then you get on the phone or web and find a place that has what you need.

Now if someone said they had it and you showed up to some excuse then I would be a bit more frustrated.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello 6.7 tow rig,

Thank you for your patience, please provide your contact number or email address in a private message. I have requested you be contacted by the leadership team regarding your concerns.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, we heard complaints about prices to high, no one to wait on us, too many people bugging us so they can wait on us, and now CW should keep everything we want in stock. Anything I have forgot?

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
Hello 6.7 tow rig,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam, I apologize for the experience you have had at the Georgetown Camping World location. Please allow me to look into this issue.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

I guess you are still checking?

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
6.7 tow rig wrote:
And that was my gripe. Almost all campers use the same bolt pattern and tire size. In the 15" tire its either 205 215 or 225 whatever. If the small mom and pop dealer had them in stock and ready to go I would have expected a huge dealer to have them.

Yep, yep.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
And that was my gripe. Almost all campers use the same bolt pattern and tire size. In the 15" tire its either 205 215 or 225 whatever. If the small mom and pop dealer had them in stock and ready to go I would have expected a huge dealer to have them.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Most" not all, TT use the same tires, and rims. You can get them at any Northern Tool, or Tractor Supply, already mounted, and ready to go.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

My guess is that with SO MANY configurations of wheel and tire, to stock enough of the RIGHT combo would be a tough task? Not to mention the space they all would take up in their facility.

Our dealer ( NOT a CW ) also does not stock tires, they have a TIRE GUY within a mile or so that they have made a deal with... These Tire shops can all pull out of large warehouses....

Just a guess..??
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
Hello 6.7 tow rig,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam, I apologize for the experience you have had at the Georgetown Camping World location. Please allow me to look into this issue.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

I noticed that after you reply to issues, we don't get to find out the results.

It will help everyone who may encounter these problems ourselves to know how it's resolve. Or not even do a write up here and call those concerned CW departments directly.

Thanks and please consider.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello 6.7 tow rig,

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team