cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trouble Pairing Bluetooth mouse With Android Tablets

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I have two new Android Tablets (Onn 8" and Onn 10.1"). They paired fine with my bluetooth keyboard, but for some reason my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse can't be discovered. The mouse works fine with my iPad. Any ideas what may be the problem? Thanks. Mr. Ed

FWIW, I'm very pleased thus far with these inexpensive Walmart brand Onn tablets.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)
10 REPLIES 10

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I'm sure you've already tried google, so I won't suggest it.

Yes, I always do a Google search first. If I can't find a satisfactory answer, I wind up on good ol' RV.net, and the helpful folks here. ๐Ÿ™‚

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
1492 wrote:
Make sure the Bluetooth mouse is not auto connecting to another device, such as your iPad. Or another laptop/desktop.

My mouse is paired with my iPad, but with the iPad not turned on, that shouldn't matter. As I mentioned, my BT keyboard is also paired with the iPad, yet works perfectly with my Android devices. I can live without the mouse, but there are times I wish I could use it with Android. Anyhow, worse things could happen. I appreciate all your responses, friends. Mr Ed

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Gdetrailer wrote:
Did you try pairing them one at a time (IE only keyboard on then pair it and only mouse on and pair it)?

On top of that, in order to use multiple BT devices at the same time your tablet must have a BT radio of the latest BT version 5 specs which supports up to 7 simultaneous connections.. Even though it is a "new" tablet, due to the low price points of the ONN devices it may not have the newest BT hardware..

To make this even a bit more confusing, the possiblity exists that both your keyboard and mouse may be attempting to use the same BT profile causing a conflict and one may need to be set as "active"..

See explanations HERE

"Keyboard and Mouse

Keyboards and mice are the next most commonly-connected wireless devices. It makes sense to wonder if you can connect these two peripherals at the same time.

A Bluetooth keyboard and mouse can be connected at the same time. These two devices will pair similarly to other Bluetooth devices. While both share the same Bluetooth profile, Human Interface Device Profile (HID), the two do not interfere with each other and can be used simultaneously.

Tech Notes:

Typically used on laptops, a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard also work perfectly on smartphones giving users an โ€œalmost desktopโ€ experience.
The Human Interface Device Profile (HID) is basically a wireless wrapper around the USB standard.
Bluetooth connectivity is backward compatible meaning older accessories will function when paired to newer host devices.

How To Connect Multiple Bluetooth Devices

Connecting multiple Bluetooth accessories to a single primary device is simple. However, you might want to have each deviceโ€™s instructions on hand.

Power on your Bluetooth peripheral into a pairing mode, often requiring you to hold the power button for a few seconds or two buttons at the same time.
Find the Bluetooth icon on your laptop, tablet, or smartphone and toggle it to the on position.
Look for the new devices to show in the list of paired or available devices. Sometimes this is a sub-list or menu on the primary device.
Tap or click on the new device you wish to pair.
Some devices like keyboards will ask you to match enter or confirm a numeric sequence.

After following this general process for each of your Bluetooth devices, they should begin functioning concurrently.

Remember:

In the case of multiple Bluetooth devices with the same profile, you may need to set one as the active device."

Thanks. I appreciate the detailed info you provided. Mr. Ed

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not all bluetooth devices play nice with each other.. for example behind me is a radio with BT. it plays nice with a blue parrot headset. but not my vivitar in audio modes.

Plays nice with both my androids in data mode.. medium with my Chromebooks. (But that may be the software not liking the CBs).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Make sure the Bluetooth mouse is not auto connecting to another device, such as your iPad. Or another laptop/desktop.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the mouse is already connected to the iPad and can't connect to a second tablet.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
As GDE stated, likely unable to pair two items at once. a wireless mouse that uses an interface that plugs into a usb port would probably be the solution.
amazon

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like our HP desk top (4 years old). The computer "sees" every stinking Bluetooth enabled device in the house, except the Bose 700 Headphones I want connected. Stupid technology.......:(

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Did you try pairing them one at a time (IE only keyboard on then pair it and only mouse on and pair it)?

On top of that, in order to use multiple BT devices at the same time your tablet must have a BT radio of the latest BT version 5 specs which supports up to 7 simultaneous connections.. Even though it is a "new" tablet, due to the low price points of the ONN devices it may not have the newest BT hardware..

To make this even a bit more confusing, the possiblity exists that both your keyboard and mouse may be attempting to use the same BT profile causing a conflict and one may need to be set as "active"..

See explanations HERE

"Keyboard and Mouse

Keyboards and mice are the next most commonly-connected wireless devices. It makes sense to wonder if you can connect these two peripherals at the same time.

A Bluetooth keyboard and mouse can be connected at the same time. These two devices will pair similarly to other Bluetooth devices. While both share the same Bluetooth profile, Human Interface Device Profile (HID), the two do not interfere with each other and can be used simultaneously.

Tech Notes:

Typically used on laptops, a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard also work perfectly on smartphones giving users an โ€œalmost desktopโ€ experience.
The Human Interface Device Profile (HID) is basically a wireless wrapper around the USB standard.
Bluetooth connectivity is backward compatible meaning older accessories will function when paired to newer host devices.

How To Connect Multiple Bluetooth Devices

Connecting multiple Bluetooth accessories to a single primary device is simple. However, you might want to have each deviceโ€™s instructions on hand.

Power on your Bluetooth peripheral into a pairing mode, often requiring you to hold the power button for a few seconds or two buttons at the same time.
Find the Bluetooth icon on your laptop, tablet, or smartphone and toggle it to the on position.
Look for the new devices to show in the list of paired or available devices. Sometimes this is a sub-list or menu on the primary device.
Tap or click on the new device you wish to pair.
Some devices like keyboards will ask you to match enter or confirm a numeric sequence.

After following this general process for each of your Bluetooth devices, they should begin functioning concurrently.

Remember:

In the case of multiple Bluetooth devices with the same profile, you may need to set one as the active device."

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure you've already tried google, so I won't suggest it.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman