cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wineguard pathway x2 question

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all...need some info. We bought a Wineguard pathway x2 so we could watch 2 separate channels on 2 tvs (Dish)..after having for a month, hubby hooked up the 2nd tv. We aren't getting the normal sats..110, 119 and 127 on EITHER TV. Instead we get sat 72...we lost a lot of the regular shows we watch!!! Anyone else experience this?
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend
25 REPLIES 25

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at their web page and read the FAQ's. It clearly states in the FAQ that you can watch two different channels on two TV's but they must be on the same satelite.

If this is not acceptable then return it and spend the extra money to get the functionality you desire.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

MrWizard
If a salesman told the op, it had two LNBs
Then he is at fault
If the op took it for granted there is two lnbs because the material said watch two channels at the same time
They failed to fully investigate and ask questions
And neither of these situations have anything to do with eastern arc vs western arc time change and setup, where I said
"It is what it is"
Because they lost 10 minutes Changing arcs to watch the locals, after watching the eastern arc for early programming
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
With the Pathway and Dish, the "2 TV" setup will point the antenna to 72 ONLY. "Nearly" all of the Dish programming is available from this 1 satellite so both TV's can watch different channels "as long as" they are not wanting to watch ANY Network TV programming. The Networks are not available on 72.
My personal recommendation is that you NOT use the 2 TV option and simply select the Western Arc option. This will give you 110, 119 and 129 with the restriction that both TV's can watch different channels but the channels must be coming from the same satellite. So, the locals are likely on 129 in HD so both TV users can watch nearly any channel broadcast in HD as that is where the majority of Dish HD programming is broadcast.
So, unless you want to buy a Trav'ler which does have multiple LNB's (I assume you now understand that ALL dome style antennas have only 1 LNB) you will either have to use the 72 option for the most of your TV watching and then change the programming back and forth to watch Networks or use WA only and just be aware that you might, occasionally, have a TV tuner conflict which is much easier to deal with.

I sympathize with the original poster. Having read this entire thread, I am SO happy that DH and I went with the Trav'ler with Directv HD and Distance Networks. We had considered switching to Dish and the Pathway when we upgraded to HD when our roof mounted dome bit the dust. After reading this thread I know so much more than I knew when reading Pathway website FAQs. The Trav'ler cost so much more that it made me uneasy that the Pathway could do all that it claimed to do.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Okay......no, we did not try setting up both tvs as one tv...will try that later.

As for a comment that struck me as saying "well, gee...that's the way it is"....I don't accept that when something is advertised one way but in reality is another. If I buy something that says it's blue and I get red instead, NO..not acceptable.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
With the Pathway and Dish, the "2 TV" setup will point the antenna to 72 ONLY. "Nearly" all of the Dish programming is available from this 1 satellite so both TV's can watch different channels "as long as" they are not wanting to watch ANY Network TV programming. The Networks are not available on 72.
My personal recommendation is that you NOT use the 2 TV option and simply select the Western Arc option. This will give you 110, 119 and 129 with the restriction that both TV's can watch different channels but the channels must be coming from the same satellite. So, the locals are likely on 129 in HD so both TV users can watch nearly any channel broadcast in HD as that is where the majority of Dish HD programming is broadcast.
So, unless you want to buy a Trav'ler which does have multiple LNB's (I assume you now understand that ALL dome style antennas have only 1 LNB) you will either have to use the 72 option for the most of your TV watching and then change the programming back and forth to watch Networks or use WA only and just be aware that you might, occasionally, have a TV tuner conflict which is much easier to deal with.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
teamster tom wrote:
Us out West wrote:
Agree....but we don't "move" the coax.

On the X2 the Aux, or 2nd connection, runs directly to the receiver in the bedroom.

We run the intial setup choosing the Western Arc and select 1 TV...works fine and you can use the 2nd TV.

After you set up the 1st do you leave it as is and set up the 2nd as 1 tv also?

1st is fine and is the main connection.

Turn on the 2nd TV and follow the on screen directions. We've been doing this for years and no questions or problems.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

teamster_tom
Explorer
Explorer
Us out West wrote:

On the X2 the Aux, or 2nd connection, runs directly to the receiver in the bedroom.

We run the intial setup choosing the Western Arc and select 1 TV...works fine and you can use the 2nd TV.

After you set up the 1st do you leave it as is and set up the 2nd as 1 tv also?

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
The locals will ONLY show up when we have it set for 1 tv. As for the same shows...no. The hours of the shows are different and we can't get the local news unless we use 1 tv only.

different Time Zones same as OTA broadcast been that way for 75yr
nothing about that ,
I did say "somewhere", i did not say same time
you can't blame the winegaurd or the satellite company because you want to watch some program 3hrs earlier than it is broadcast here on the west coast
i mean I don't blame you, watch Game of thrones at 7pm instead of 10pm
or whatever it is, and then change ARC's to catch the locals
but it takes time for the 'DISH' in the dome to do this
it is what it is,

People have to adapt to their location.
Our Trip Journal

MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

MrWizard
The locals will ONLY show up when we have it set for 1 tv. As for the same shows...no. The hours of the shows are different and we can't get the local news unless we use 1 tv only.

different Time Zones same as OTA broadcast been that way for 75yr
nothing about that ,
I did say "somewhere", i did not say *same time*
you can't blame the winegaurd or the satellite company because you want to watch some program 3hrs earlier than it is broadcast here on the west coast
i mean I don't blame you, watch Game of thrones at 7pm instead of 10pm
or whatever it is, and then change ARC's to catch the locals
but it takes time for the 'DISH' in the dome to do this
it is what it is,

assuming you have the TV's hooked up via HDMI
maybe using an HDMI switch on the second TV cable
would help with the problem
just flip the switch and take the 2nd TV offline disconnected from the receiver, then press the buttons to change arcs
still have to wait for the seek and setup,
BUT no messing around with disconnecting cables
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer

Our Trip Journal

teamster_tom
Explorer
Explorer
If you use 2 receivers it will only allow you to watch sat. 72 which is on the eastern arc. Here in Oregon we have never camped anywhere we could pickup 72 because it is so low in the sky.
Ours works great on the western arc with one recvr. hooked up but if we want to watch in the bedroom I move the coax to a separate hookup I installed just for that unit.

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
I would use Dish chat. Works better than phone in my opinion.
Yip..use chat ONLY...I'm hard of hearing...love chat

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Us out West wrote:
If you are out West use the Western Arcs when doing your setup.

As far as getting locals have you talked to DISH, phone or chat, to give them your current location?
it will not let us use the west coast feed if we have it set for two tvs...unless there is another setting choice somewhere....it's grayed out in the location we know of. And yes, we gave them our current location.

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I would use Dish chat. Works better than phone in my opinion.