cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning Fabric Color Too Hot

jeepster2
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my awning fabric with a dometic replacement fabric for my trailer. It's black on both sides with one foot of white weathershield at the top. It's so hot I'm going to have to remove it and buy another one. This fabric replaced my original part number fabric but the old fabric was partial black with gray and white for the most part. Not sure why they changed it to all black and why the underside is black too.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a cool vinyl? Wondering if everyone puts blue awning fabrics on since it would seem to be the coolest available. It would be nice to have a light color underside.
5 REPLIES 5

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
Check out these guys they replaced my awning and also upgraded my awning to electric Shadepro
Linda B.
Our Blog
2009 29' Fleetwood, Fiesta V10 - The Little Bus
2008 Saturn Vue (Toad)with US Gear UBS
& Demco baseplate and tow bar.
FMCA# F412985
Traveling with Robin(friend)& Buddee(cavalier)

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got my Sunbrella-fabric replacement awnings from:

www.carefreeofcolorado.com
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

jeepster2
Explorer
Explorer
Well beware of high quality replacements too. I talked to dometic and they say this is the color scheme with the dark color on both sides. It radiates heats. It barely fades from black to black. I don't think any color they have would be reflective enough to do the job of an awning if color is on both sides.

Don't see any other types for sale. There is one dometic fabric called vinyl summer shade colors. Single sided, on the dometic pdf aftermarket fabric colors pdf. Anyone have that?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Beware of really cheap replacements too.
I bought a $120 replacement awning on Fleabay and it lets a ton of light and heat through.

sowego
Explorer
Explorer
Why not switch to a woven polyester fabric instead? It is very durable and in a neutral color (ours is plain old boring tan) isn't hot. It sheds water like vinyl but will never crack. No, ours has never ripped either. I'd look at samples from many suppliers.
2002 Tiffin Phaeton
2005 Malibu Maxx toad