cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Access To Gas Stations

jdog
Explorer
Explorer
I went to Loves to get fuel and could not get in because a UPS freight truck with 2 trailers parked across the access to the pumps. Anybody with an RV or utility trailer could not get in. You had to go to the exit and get in line of the only 2 pumps that were not blocked from exiting thru the entry side. The guy was not delivering any packages. He finally walked out from the store with a bag of fast (slow)food and drinking a soda. Everybody was yelling at this idiot. He could care less. People with trailers were circling the pumps trying to get fuel. What kind of an idiot does this?
28 REPLIES 28

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
The only incident I can attest to is the time an idiot backed up to the pump in front of me, left and never came back. I had to turn to tightly getting around the fool the left rear corner of my MH cliipped one of those steel U-shaped bars at the end of the pump island. Caused about $700. damage. Hurray for insurance against idiots. Didn't raise my insurance either.

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
When I was an otr driver and fueled at Loves the problem was that there was no pull through spots. You cannot back up when you are pulling tandums.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
peaches&cream wrote:
The reason I only stop at Flying J/ Pilot.

I've quit going to Pilot. Twice, I have gotten in but had to unhook the toad so I could back out.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
As soon as I am done filling, I am gone from the pump ASAP. If we need stuff in the store we move from the pump anyway. Don't bogart the pumps.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
I use to get accused of that when I was delivering fuel to gas stations and truck stops. Even once had a leo tell me I had to move. He almost tripped over my 6" hoses trying to where I was standing.
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
jdog wrote:
I went to Loves to get fuel and could not get in because a UPS freight truck with 2 trailers parked across the access to the pumps. Anybody with an RV or utility trailer could not get in.

People with trailers were circling the pumps trying to get fuel. What kind of an idiot does this?

Does not make sense to me. UNBELIEVABLE. As in ...I don't believe it. Those must have been really long trailers to block all the pumps. If other 'people with trailers' were able to circle the pumps, they had access.

Take a rest. Your rant is accepted. Doesn't make you a bad person. Tomorrow is a better day.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
You could have taken a picture, got the equipment number and reported it to UPS. Maybe the company can prevent it from happening again.
If they still have the corporate structure now, they used to have, a picture of him, his parking etiquette and his truck number would have him on the street looking for another job. UPS has a 800 number to call just for such actions.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

homedad
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
jdog wrote:
...Everybody was yelling at this idiot. He could care less. People with trailers were circling the pumps trying to get fuel. What kind of an idiot does this?

On the other hand, maybe he couldn't care less. Entirely different meaning than what you said.

I never got that either.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
jdog wrote:
...Everybody was yelling at this idiot. He could care less. People with trailers were circling the pumps trying to get fuel. What kind of an idiot does this?

On the other hand, maybe he couldn't care less. Entirely different meaning than what you said.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

pondputz
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the new normal

how about idiots parking at the only pump left and staying for 30 minutes inside the store?

I usually go to another station, even if it is 50 miles away, of course I fill at 1/2 tank.

Putz

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
"What kind of an idiot does this?" Eveidenty a UPS driver!

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
The reason I only stop at Flying J/ Pilot.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
You could have taken a picture, got the equipment number and reported it to UPS. Maybe the company can prevent it from happening again.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
The kind of idiot who thinks he has nowhere else to park and won't be there but a few minutes.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman