cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping World ( Long Story)

RWjSIM2003
Explorer
Explorer
I have been on here for awhile now and have gotten many great bits of advice on problems and ideas. I have also read many complaints about Camping World service and attention to detail. I reluctantly purchased my new 2014 Discovery from them in August. As with any new RV we had some small minor issues most or which I repaired myself.

We decided to sell the house and go full time and as luck would have it we sold the house in two days and now full time in the RV. Frist year here in the Northwest and after that we will go south for the winter most likely.

This week we had some good rain storms common here in the NW and we had a leak in the bedroom ceiling. DW was awakened at 2AM with water dripping out of the AC vent above her side of the bed. Lucky for us it stopped raining with in a hour so very little water in the coach. Being in the duct saved us a big mess.

So we took it to Camping World in Coburg OR where we bought the MH and talked with our service Rep. He worked hard to get it into the shop right away to find the leak. I could tell that the place was slammed and we did not have an appointment. But it is our house and we did just buy it a few months back. Turns out the rear AC bolts were broken off and the AC at anytime going down the road could have flown off so water came in around the gasket WE WERE VERY LUCKY. Now Camping World did a Good Job for us and fixed everything in two days and we had a place to stay while they worked it out.

Being in Customer Service and Sales most of my life and having lots of time to watch the interactions of the service departments at CW I think while they did a good job for me help is needed.

MARCUS.....if you want to earn the respect of the Camping World it starts at the top. Your people need some help and some training. The team that I saw has so much tension that it is passed on to customers. They really try but its a constant beat down from with in the tension is so bad some times that it makes me wander who would work in that environment. Sad thing is there are many good people there that have not chance to shine.

One suggestion I have is you need a room or two where the manager and a disgruntled customer can go and resolve a issue. Standing out on the floor in front of all the other customers and employees pointing fingers does no one any good. It affects everyone starting at the top YOU NEED TO DO BETTER!!!!

BY the way Thank you to all the crew at Camping World in Coburg you did some great work and deserve better.

You have to make the decision to Happy each day. Its your choice!
4 REPLIES 4

RWjSIM2003
Explorer
Explorer
sorry I posted in the wrong area I have reposted in the correct forum and hope some at CW will read.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Dr Jay wrote:
How do we get the CEO of CW to read this.

A good first step would be to post it in the forum section he/his staff keeps an eye on Here's that link.
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

Dr_Jay
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, what a great email. How do we get the CEO of CW to read this. His picture of him sitting on a chair of dollars (see CW mailings) sends the wrong message to his customers and employees. I don not work for CW.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
Greater Boston Area

jim1632
Explorer
Explorer
This is the type of post that should be seen more often. The author has given us a balanced review of his experience while giving CW some praise and some needed feedback.

BTW. I have no economic interest in CW.