Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canadians heading north...

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
From the last government statement:

However, there is an exception to this rule for people crossing by land.

Canadians crossing at a land border will be screened for symptoms. Sick individuals will be referred to public health authorities on the Canadian side of the border, but they will be allowed into the country. Major crossings will have quarantine officers on site to intercept the sick and supply masks.

"We know there are very many Canadians who are presently in the United States and are very quickly making their way home, and I want to assure them all, Canadians will always be allowed to return to Canada," Public Safety Minister Bill Blair said of people crossing by land.

Regardless of how they enter the country, anyone coming into Canada from a foreign country must self-isolate for 14 days upon their return.

Gary Haupt..mid California...motoring along....
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
12 REPLIES 12

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think anyone is America bashing, at least I hope not. Saying Canada was doing it 'right' is simply an observation...one that is not accurate. The CDN government is doing it's best, as is the US. Some of it is just different.

We are still happily motoring along, enjoying the Pacific coastline...self-isolated and living life.

Gary
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Time for what?
Nobody in their right mind is coming to the US right now. The president is making a big deal about controlling the southern border as usual.

I really like Mexican people and culture. Give them credit for some common sense.

It is okay to talk about Canadians going north, but Mexicans going south is somehow out of bounds? Be careful what you believe.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Travelon wrote:
ppine wrote:
And Mexicans heading south.

Enough with the "Ugly American" attitude.

Yes, I love America and Canada is pretty darn cool.

Travelon

I agree ,its not the time for this .

Travelon
Explorer
Explorer
ppine wrote:

Enough with the "Ugly American" attitude.

Yes, I love America and Canada is pretty darn cool.

Travelon
2004 Silverado 2500HD D/A CC LB 4x4, Timbrens, Fold-a-Cover,
Line-X, DeeZee Running Boards, Prodigy, Husky 16K UBS,
2004 Titanium 32E37DS, Two Honda EU2000i

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
And heres one Canadian thats headed way up North

https://youtu.be/263TBNRN4cA

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Gary drive faster!
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Ah, Canada - our sensible neighbor to the north. I hope their residents currently undergoing Spring Break Insanity here in FL make it home safe and sound
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

dfm
Explorer
Explorer
Gary;
Do You still have medical travel insurance. A lot of the insurance policies have exclusions for coverage when a pandemic is declared and many of the insurance companies have announced that you have 10 days after a declared pandemic to get to your home country before coverage lapses?
2015 Open Range 340 FLR
2012 Ram3500 Laramie Longhorn/Cummins
1 DW 1 Furperson

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
But...
If you're flying home you better be healthy or you won't be allowed on the plane

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm, appears Canada has solid plan.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a reasonable policy.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad