cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dingy towing a 2019 chevy equinox

BingMyDog
Explorer
Explorer
The manual doesn't mention pulling a fuse. My concern is, does the odometer rack up miles?
6 REPLIES 6

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
Branson N Tucson wrote:
I believe that Chevy, just put some thing out in a service manual, they were not towable any more because all of the problems.

I just talked to a Chevy salesman and he said he checked and didn't find any guidance saying different from owners manual. Now, I know he is a salesman, but this dealership has a pretty good reputation.

Still haven't decided what to do. Not sure I want to spend this much money on a dinghy.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Escapade wrote:
Listen to somone that owns one! We tow a 2018 Chevy Equinox FWD 1.5 Liter. We do not pull a fuse. When we hookup behind motorhome we just push start button with out putting foot on brake and set it in neutral. When fueling we start it up and let it run. Don't listen to salesman just look at Equinox owners manual.

The 2 litre 9 speed transmission is NOT towable. It only weighs about 3400 lbs and is a great tow car.

You don't own a 2019 which is what the OP is asking about. Ours is a 2014, yours is a 2018 which are towable. GM had hinted the 2019 would not be towable. Motorhome mag does not list the 2019 as towable....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Escapade
Explorer
Explorer
The odometer does not register miles while towing.

Escapade
Explorer
Explorer
Listen to somone that owns one! We tow a 2018 Chevy Equinox FWD 1.5 Liter. We do not pull a fuse. When we hookup behind motorhome we just push start button with out putting foot on brake and set it in neutral. When fueling we start it up and let it run. Don't listen to salesman just look at Equinox owners manual.

The 2 litre 9 speed transmission is NOT towable. It only weighs about 3400 lbs and is a great tow car.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Branson N Tucson wrote:
I believe that Chevy, just put some thing out in a service manual, they were not towable any more because all of the problems.

I heard that too. 2018 is last year for the Four Down Equinox. The next best thing is the Buick Envision.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II