cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Running Dedicated Water Line For RV at Home?

longislandcampe
Explorer
Explorer
So when we are camping we always use a splitter on the water spigot at the campground. One line runs to the camper water intake and the other goes to the sewer flush. We only connect the sewer flush to the camper once we actually need it.

So no that we decided to store the camper at our house we are looking for ways to basically have a full hookup site at our house.

We only have one outdoor water spigot and itโ€™s in our backyard about 75โ€™ from the camper. Iโ€™d love to have something a little closer and was wondering if I could put a splitter on my backyard spigot. One line would be for general yard stuff and the other would go towards the camper. I was thinking of using and burying pex for the 75โ€™ run to the camper and then having it end on a post with dual spigots or a single spigot with a basic splitter again.

Now if I did this, could I simply leave the original spigot turned on all the time so that Iโ€™d have water at the camper whenever I needed it? I mean, itโ€™s not the end of the world to walk 75โ€™ to turn the water on but if I could have it right at the camper that would be awesome.

Also, if I can keep that 75โ€™ line pressurized all the time then should I worry about the actual water quality? The water would be running a few times a year from April through October and we donโ€™t drink it.
16 REPLIES 16

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
i don't see a problem

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just ran a buried 3/4 inch pvc pipe from the main water line to where the RV is parked. Put a 90 deg fitting in and turn it up out of the ground with a wood post to support it and put a hose bib on it, Run a hose from there
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper