cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Short Queen Mattress 60x74

Lon-Str
Explorer
Explorer
Needing to replace my short Queen mattress 60x74.
Need advice on different brands. Have back issues so needs to be
medium comfort.
Advice please.
18 REPLIES 18

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thinking about a new mattress here as well. 8 seasons & over 1200 nights on the original king whatever builder put in.

Thinking about cutting the bed base, 8" each side I think, & getting a queen sleep number. Had a sleep number in first trailer. Very nice. Had to remember to let air out going up in altitude. The extra space around the sides would be good too plus getting too old to be chasing the DW around a king bed. Too much real estate.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Verlo can make any size mattress you want. Here is a news article/advertisement about RV mattresses:
https://www.nwherald.com/sponsored/articles/2015/09/16/11073869/
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Lon-Str
Explorer
Explorer
Any personal experiences out there with the Nuform brand mattress?

Freeman2004
Explorer
Explorer
Just ordered a zinni myself.
The whole box issue. I wonder if the manufacturer has been shipping like this for years to matreess atores and we buyers just never knew it.
Scott & Karen
2002 Layton Scout 251
2004 GMC Envoy, a Burgundy Beauty.

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
I've bought four mattresses in boxes now. All have worked out very nicely. The whole unrolling and it slowly expanding is ... weirdly neat ... and it works. (If it's cold, it'll need more time to fully expand. Probably less of an issue in Texas though. ๐Ÿ™‚ )
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Lon-Str wrote:
Thanks to all responders. Still trying to make a decision. And yes, I am limited to that size, due to the fact that the bed is in a slide and contacts a built in desk if any longer. Seems most rv mattress come in a box these days and I am not sure how I feel about that. Thanks all.

I was a little uncertain about the bed in a box concept myself, but the Zinus we bought seems just fine. If I hadn't seen it come off the UPS truck, I'd never have guessed it came in a box.

From reading the reviews on Amazon, it appears that they are great for the sort of use most of us give them in our RVs, but for full time, every night use, they are not durable. But for part time use they are fine, and at $180 the price is right.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Lon-Str
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all responders. Still trying to make a decision. And yes, I am limited to that size, due to the fact that the bed is in a slide and contacts a built in desk if any longer. Seems most rv mattress come in a box these days and I am not sure how I feel about that. Thanks all.

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
atreis wrote:
Verlo doesn't appear to have short queen. I found Zinus to be pretty good.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01BW7H5ZW/

Another recommendation for Zinus to the ones above. I got the 10 inch memory foam mattress in a box. Open it up, let it sit flat for about 48 hours then ready to put in the trailer. Fit perfectly as a replacement mattress and is nearly equal to the Tempurpedic I have in my master bedroom.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lon-Str wrote:
Needing to replace my short Queen mattress 60x74.
Need advice on different brands. Have back issues so needs to be
medium comfort.
Advice please.

Sure you need a short Queen?
Our 5er came with a short queen, but measured and a full sized queen fit, that is what we have.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Verlo doesn't appear to have short queen. I found Zinus to be pretty good.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01BW7H5ZW/
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
duplicate
2017 Viking 17RD
Retired

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the stone-hard queen mattress in our new TT with a Zinus bed-in-a-box. Innerspring and foam construction, $180 from Overstock.com, almost as comfy as the one in our house.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
We had Verlo mattresses in our last TT. They were very nice to sleep on. We will be adding them to our current TT in the spring.
2017 Viking 17RD
Retired

Kevarino
Explorer
Explorer
SleepNumber has RV Mattresses

Kev
Kevin and Barbara
2007 Winnebago Tour 40 TD
Cummings ISL 400