cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slideout Help

JudyPat
Explorer
Explorer
I'm trying to find a shop that can fix my slideout so it doesn't jerk going in or out. I haven't had any luck so far. I'm willing to travel to find a competent repair shop. I'd appreciate any recommendations.
6 REPLIES 6

GW_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
One of our slides was jerking until I figured out the problem.

We have slide toppers on all slides, and the arms that attach to a plate on each end of the slide were loose. The small bolts that should hold the horizontal arm in the plate had broken.

It was an ez fix, just put new bolts through the plate to hold the arm snug.
Brant and Sylvia
2019 Ford F250
2015 Cedar Creek 38CK

DancinCampers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure how your slides seals are contructed,on mine the top and bottom seals are wiper seals. They do not flip when the slide moves in or out. The side seals do flip when slide moves. I notice that cleaning both sides of the side seals, and spraying them with dry silicon spray helps a lot. Also keeping the slide side walls waxed will help in letting the side seals flip.
Dan & Sharon (Kasey, Our Yorkie, RIP 9Jan'05-26Jul'17)
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M
2020 Chevy Equinox, Blue Ox Aventa II, Air Force One

If You Obey All The Rules, You Miss All The Fun

JudyPat
Explorer
Explorer
Our RV is a 2005 Gulfstream Endora and at present we are in a New Jersey campground. We live in our RV and travel all over the US, so we would be willing to go to a repair shop in another state. We have already tried mobile repair techs with no success.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
You may inquire at an RV park, as to the availability of a mobile repairman. A good mobile tech could get that repair done much quicker than an RV shop, and would come to your location.

Did this jerking just start recently, which may be a broken tooth on a gear?

Jerry

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
How about some more information - like what part of the country are you in? What make and model of RV? I have used this site before with success:

RVServiceReviews.com

Rob

Going by the 57719 number, it would be South Dakota.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
How about some more information - like what part of the country are you in? What make and model of RV? I have used this site before with success:

RVServiceReviews.com

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015