cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winterize or not in Sacto valley

Billinwoodland
Explorer
Explorer
I live in the Sacramento valley where the winters are mild. I never winterized my old TT. Now with my newer class a, we hope to use it in the winter. I was curious if other folks in the Sacramento area winterized their RVs.
2008 Monaco Monarch 34 sbd
6 REPLIES 6

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
Roseville CA I just drain it good and no problem. With that said we use our rig all year long so it doesn't sit to long between uses.
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
lived in Napa Valley and never winterized our trailer.
it never stays below freezing all day.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
I have had RVs in Sac Ca {just outside} since 1960 and I have never winterized
any of my RVs and never had a problem
samsontdog:o:W

Prowler_Doug
Explorer
Explorer
I live on the other side of the valley from you and only drain my low water points and drain my hot water heater for ten season's so far. I've had lows in the lower 20's for a 4 or 5 hour period. I don't think it being a Class A would be any different then any other RV.
2005 1500 Hemi Ram
2007 Fleetwood Prowler Classic 240 RKS

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Many years in San Jose and still lots of time in the Bay Area and Sac. I've never known how to winterize :h because I never needed to. :h Bought the current rig out of Seattle and had to flush out the lines forever. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Brisbane and Sac this Jan and no plans to winterize. :B
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Does the temperature go below freezing for more than five days and nights, if only on a few nights you are OK, if your old TT was OK then your new A has better insulation.

navegator