Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Black Tank Washout Problem

FloGrown
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Everyone,
New to Forum. Have a problem.
We recently purchased a Coleman Travel trailer new from Camping World.
We have camped a few times since purchase but never used the black tank flush. Last time we went out decided to use the flush port. Hooked the hose to the port and turned water on. Water immediately started pouring out from bottom of camper. Clean water. Looked underneath and saw a white hose around 5/8" dia. hanging there. Also saw a white threaded port attached to what I assume is the black tank. I can see where the black corrugated plastic bottom has been cut out. My thinking is there was a problem with that area, they cut out the bottom to access that and I reckon they never fixed it and then sold me the camper. Take a look at the pics. Let me know if anyone knows what is going on with this and what parts I need to fix it. I would take it back but I'm sure it will sit there for a while and I can probably fix it easily if I know what to do.
Thanks for any advice, suggestions.
Brian

21 REPLIES 21

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
LadyRVer wrote:
If I had to "guess" it appears that the hose which would put the water in the black tank is not connected to the black tank ???? Yes, I would suspect a previous problem with the black corrugated material cut. Mine was cut and I suspected the same. If you hooked it all up right and water poured out, I would try to determine why that hose is not connected to that connection.

I had a fresh water fill tank that almost exact thing happened to. Same problem.
a tech stole a part for another trailer

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
piece of pex tubing a,half inch flair it coupler abd a half inch flair it 90 with male half inch pipe threads will fix it up

FloGrown
Explorer
Explorer
Is there supposed to be some type of "backflow preventer" there.

FloGrown
Explorer
Explorer
I see I wasn't supposed to post this in this section but I don't know how to move it.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
If I had to "guess" it appears that the hose which would put the water in the black tank is not connected to the black tank ???? Yes, I would suspect a previous problem with the black corrugated material cut. Mine was cut and I suspected the same. If you hooked it all up right and water poured out, I would try to determine why that hose is not connected to that connection.

I had a fresh water fill tank that almost exact thing happened to. Same problem.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You'd be better off fixing it yourself or paying a mobile tech to do it.
Avoid having CW do anything.

You need to remove what ever they used to plug the fitting in the tank.
Then you need another section of the pipe and a coupling.
Attach the longer line via a 90 degree fitting to the tank fitting.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I reckon you should take it in for repair.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad