cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class C

NC4ME
Explorer
Explorer
I am pretty new to RVing while I am traveling I take everything off the tables and counters so when I stop for a break I have o set everything back up, Question do I need to take everything up or is it safe to travel with the coffee pot on the counter. and so on .
15 REPLIES 15

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think it's necessary at all for you to clear off the counters before you drive off; indeed, in my experience, they're very effetively self-clearing while one travels! However, if you don't care to store your stuff randomly on the floor, then putting it away before departing is necessary.

Most things I just keep stored in cupboards, even when stopped for awhile. That makes putting away the few other things a good bit quicker. I will leave the odd dirty dish in the kitchen sink while en route and that has not been problematic thus far (beyond rattling around).

MrWizard
yeah me too
i've been meaning to ask that same question
mine is good for a couple of hours , a good lunch box thermos is better than my carafe
i reheat my coffee in the MW by the mug/cup
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Brand name of an outstanding thermal pitcher that keeps coffee hot better than any other?

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
NC4ME wrote:
I am pretty new to RVing while I am traveling I take everything off the tables and counters so when I stop for a break I have o set everything back up, Question do I need to take everything up or is it safe to travel with the coffee pot on the counter. and so on .

IMO it depends on where you go (road/weather conditions) and how you drive. (mostly speed) Personal preference/experience determines that. That said, virtually ALL my ceramic/glass tableware no longer exists and has been replaced with more durable products. (plastic/metal)

Chum Lee

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I put my coffee in a thermal carafe which sits in the kitchen sink padded with a towel.
Kevin

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
Everything stowed! We have 2 small shih tzu's, and my wife insisted they sit with her on the couch while traveling. I insisted they stay in their crate, situated in the above-cab bed, so that when i stop hard, they are protected.

Guess who won that requirement? And, sure enough, 1st long/big trip, car passed us and then stopped to turn (A-hole -- story for another time!). And the dogs? Un-injured, which is good, but one ended up hitting the doghouse and then my feet, making it VERY UNSAFE. Other dog hit the back of my captain's chair.

And, without a word, the dogs now go in their kennel/crate.

Also, we stored our dish soap bottle in the sink, laid down. That one emergency stop put that bottle on the dash of the cab, spilling a few good tablespoons of dish soap (hey, there are worse things to spill!) all over. Cleaned up fine. Now, NOTHING -- not even on the bed except pillows -- is out.

Safety first.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Everything stowed. The sink is filled with loose stuff that just sits out when camped.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
We almost always put everything away. One time my wife was working on a jigsaw puzzle. She wasn't quite done so figured as light as it is and large surface area it should stay on the table. Wrong. When we set up that night most of the puzzle was on the floor. We found most of it but a couple of pieces are still missing.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

NC4ME
Explorer
Explorer
Well I guess the safe way is to put it up and just keep doing what i was doing. Keep bringing it out
Thanks All

dedmiston
Most things go in the cabinets. Some items just go in the sink for the day.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 nothing that can fly on the counter.

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
Everything is fine right until it isn't... I'd say most always it's fine to have a coffee pot or toaster on the counter. But that one time you're in an accident or even emergency stop situation, do you want you or your passengers whacked in the head with a toaster?
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Broken glass is the ultimate pain in the butt. I could spend an hour cleaning up shards and not have a worry in the world. Because I could count on that last shard being found when it embeds itself in the bottom of my foot.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I stow everything and lock the cabinets.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad