cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic RM2652 climate control switch

Endurancehorseg
Explorer
Explorer
I've purchased a used Dometic RM2652 fridge from someone. There is a broken wire on the climate control connector. On this model, probably a 2006, there are two black wires, two red ones, and two white ones. The smaller white wire is broken from it's connector and there is not enough wire to attach at this point. I'd like to link a couple pictures but I'm not sure how to do that.
Suggestions for this repair? As to where to purchase this wire. The wires inside are very small and it will be problematic to attach to so any help is appreciated. Also, what function does this smaller white wire serve? I do have a climate control switch on this fridge so I will be able to turn it off easily. The guy I bought it from said that the fridge ran when that wire was attached but would not run once it was broken. Assuming it is one of the 12V DC wires?
Thanks for any help.
2 REPLIES 2

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
Not sure if you have resolved this or not, I just saw this post.

I have these pics of the climate control switch on a RM2652 installed in camper built in Sept 2003. This fridge came out as part of a camper restoring effort to repair water damage.

The 2 white wires on the climate control switch are on a jumper pin setup. Meaning the spades terminals on the switch are common to each other through a metal tab of the spades.

Doug is correct, if one of these white wires is unhooked, what ever is on the other end is not getting the DC ground (-12 VDC).

Not sure how your wire is so short you cannot splice it, or crimp on a new terminal. This particular unit had a good deal of excess wire if you pull a little on the wire. A standard crimp style butt splice for the wire if it is broke out in the open, or a new terminal on the end of the wire will correct the issue.

And yes, the controls on this fridge are all 12 VDC. There is a 120 VAC electric element, but that wire run is down by the control board in the back of the fridge and goes to the burner stack area. The 12 VDC control boards turns that 120 VAC electric element on and off.

Hope this helps

John

Close up of the 2 ground wires. If you look close the switch has a 2 spade jumper terminal on it.
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. ALL white wires EXCEPT the 2 pin connector below the 6 pin connector are GROUND wires. The 2 Pin with white is the Temp Thermister that goes to the refer evaporator. So, if you have a white wire that is NOT connected, that means the control board is NOT getting the negative signal to operate. Has nothing to do with the Climate control system. Pic would help a lot. Doug