cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Extended stay propane use

MrWizard

I find myself in need of extended location not moving the Bounder, looking online at various extended use propane options, and they don't seem to match up with my 1997 propane connections, even the tried & true "extend A stay" kit doesn't look correct for connections on my tank and regulator hookup,
Need info, suggestions, links, options, want to connect (1) 20# bottle to the Bounder, it has the new QCC type connection ( I Think ),
But thats not the main concern, the main concern is adapter TEE , between the vapor valve and regulator on my tank, the stuff I'm seeing doesn't match the plumbing on my 97 Bounder, to place it online
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s
22 REPLIES 22

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I get it. Your method is the cheapest way. Price of parts required is something I am not familiar with had not considered. Thanks for clarifying and setting us straight.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

MrWizard
The oem frame tank is empty, thr RV isn't going any where until i can pull together the $$ for the transmission repairs, $60 extend a stay
$18 for this one, yes it could have been connected to the main tank, then i would need another $20+ hose between the adapter T and portable cylinder, and i would still lose line pressure, when refilling the portable because the main is empty,
Is it slightly less convenient. Maybe , but I'm stretching my $$ as far as i can, this is about keeping the fridge cold and me warm, the least costly ways possible, not about bbq or line loss ehich is a very small volume, and in a pinch i can even connect a 1# cylinder while getting the 20# portable refilled
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
That seems like an odd setup. Why not connect the extended stay adapter to the onboard tank as it's intended to be and connect the external cylinder to the adapter with a suitable hose? That would make switching between the two sources much easier.

In post #1, the OP stated that he has a stationary rig that won't be moving. He probably will only use the portable cylinders since he can't drive the rig to a propane supplier to refill the onboard tank.

I understand that its working out for the OP and that all that really matters. Nevertheless the OP has merely hard piped his portable tank.
Is he even making use of the Tee? One leg of the tee in not in use. His setup is an odd use of an extended stay Tee

Exactly, and totally defeats the need for the extended stay adapter at all.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Johnny_G1
Explorer
Explorer
He will loose line pressure everytime he changes out his tank, not a very smart setup as I have used a 30lb tank for yrs and always had my main tank as a back up, and never a problem, turn on main tank, switch tank, and never lost line pressure, Just my thoughts.
98 Mountain Aire 34' 210 Cummins Puller and 2001 dodge dully with all the toy's, 400 + hp pullin a 2001 32.5' Okanogan 5th wheel, new to us after 5 yrs with the 28' Travel Aire. Lots of fun.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Bobbo wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
That seems like an odd setup. Why not connect the extended stay adapter to the onboard tank as it's intended to be and connect the external cylinder to the adapter with a suitable hose? That would make switching between the two sources much easier.

In post #1, the OP stated that he has a stationary rig that won't be moving. He probably will only use the portable cylinders since he can't drive the rig to a propane supplier to refill the onboard tank.

I understand that its working out for the OP and that all that really matters. Nevertheless the OP has merely hard piped his portable tank.
Is he even making use of the Tee? One leg of the tee in not in use. His setup is an odd use of an extended stay Tee
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:

We find it useful to have the onboard tank easily available for temporary use while getting the portable cylinder refilled. We've gone a full year doing that and only dropped the onboard tank about 20%.
Dutch

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on how long the extended stay may be, and the location of such, for some people it may work out better to contact a local propane company and ask if they can bring out a 100 gallon tank, or some such amount, and fill it as needed. Gakes a lot of of you while they deliver as needed.

It may or may not work out, or work out well from a $$$ standpoint, but I do know someone who did that one winter and for them it worked out quite well.

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on how long the extended stay may be, and the location of such, for some people it may work out better to contact a local propane company and ask if they can bring out a 100 gallon tank, or some such amount, and fill it as needed. Gakes a lot of of you while they deliver as needed.

It may or may not work out, or work out well from a $$$ standpoint, but I do know someone who did that one winter and for them it worked out quite well.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dutch_12078 wrote:

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
I'm good to go, all connected, thank you all,

Dutch

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
wa8yxm wrote:
MrWizard wrote:
I understand how it is supposed to connect,
Look at my picture, the fitting's between the regulator and the valve, do not look like POL fittings yo me, i see what looks like 3/8 pipe fittings on each end of my Factory setup,
If you see something i don't, then please elaborate

They look like POL's to me That's a standard RV propane tank, Standard Valve, Standard POL connection at least that's what it looks like to me.

Why would you reply to this literally just after the OP posted more post and pictures that itโ€™s figured out?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
MrWizard wrote:
I understand how it is supposed to connect,
Look at my picture, the fitting's between the regulator and the valve, do not look like POL fittings yo me, i see what looks like 3/8 pipe fittings on each end of my Factory setup,
If you see something i don't, then please elaborate

They look like POL's to me That's a standard RV propane tank, Standard Valve, Standard POL connection at least that's what it looks like to me.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MrWizard
I'm good to go, all connected, thank you all,

I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MrWizard

Looks like im good to go