cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flojet Macerator electrical problem

dks
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Flojet portable macerator pump and was dumping my tanks for the first time this year (dewinterizing). The pump stopped working and would not restart after I had emptied my black tank. I later found out that the 2 way flat connector had come loose. This was a replacement connector that had been repaired by a RV dealer. The butt connector had worked its way loose. If I held the wires close, the pump would work.

Easy fix I thought. Cut off the connector, replace it and it should work. For some reason, I can't get it to work. It seems like I have no power. I thought maybe the replacement connector was defective, so I have bought another and will replace it, but, before I connect it with the butt connectors, I want to make sure the pump works. Touching the wires together does not start the pump. It seems like I don't have any power. I checked the fuse and it seems fine. Since the pump was working with the old 2 way connector and all I'm doing is replacing the loose piece I can't figure out why this isn't working. Any suggestions? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

dks
Explorer
Explorer
Okay folks, I or should I say, my good neighbor found out the problem. It was a blown fuse at the isolator. I had blown the fuse when I touched together the two wires. I didn't even know there was a fuse by the isolator. I had known about the fuse in the handle, but, didn't know there was one at the engine. I should mention this macerator is permantly mounted and was installed by the previous owner. I'm relieved it was a simple blown fuse. Another macerator lesson learned. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Is something stuck in the blades?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
A word of caution, DO NOT TURN THE MOTOR IN REVERSE. Maybe you already have. In all probability, you will break/jam the impeller. If it jams the impeller, the motor may not turn. I am a slow learner, and broke two impellers before I got wise.

You can use the screwdriver slot in the bottom of the motor to turn it in reverse. If I am not mistaken, you can reverse the wires (DC motor) and run it in reverse.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

dks
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to replace the fuse (visually it looks fine) and having power is the problem I seem to be having. The pump worked before so nothing has changed from a power hook up. The pump is permantly connected to my house batteries. If I get this fixed I'll post my results. Thanks for the tips.

pkunk
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have power from the source? IE: the hot side of the connector.
1999 Coachman Mirada 34 ft.V10-F53 chassis
12ft.LR slide-2 gp31 AGM 12V @220AH

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Check and see if you blew the fuse in the base of the switch handle with a Volt Ohm Meter, could still be bad.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog