cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need to replace LED strip lighting under awning

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
My LED strip under my awning has developed shorts over the years and worked in partial sections then quit working entirely. It's about 17 ft. long and I guess I need to replace it.

I have no experience with replacing these but it looks like there is a plastic channel that clips into the awning rail and then the LED strip goes into the plastic channel.

Any tips on replacing this?
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"
4 REPLIES 4

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. But how are they held into the black plastic channel? Adhesive backing on the led strip?
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
straight forward, just get another LED from amazon and replace. reuse the clips if you can
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Unfortunately itโ€™s normal for the strips to loose sections and finally completely. Doesnโ€™t seem to make any difference you pay for them.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Have done mine.....fairly easy. Got my lights on Amazon. They are 5/16" wide and I got the 18 footer and just cut it down. Think they were somewhere around 18 bucks. I had called Lippert when half of the strip went out since they were the original supplier but they quoted me over 200 buck8 for that strip. Fairly easy to do since it is in that channel.
cpaulsen