cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

norcold 1210

Dwight205
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 337 reflection 5th wheel that I bought new. It has dlb fridge 1210, Quit cooling once last year, had it checked. Working fine,until Memorial day wknd. Took it to a norcold dealer, working fine. They said change boards in the door and mother board in back.Thermister is working as it shows fin temp. So was working fine for 2 wks, now wont freeze ice or stay cold(again) I`m out $400 bucks and fridge wont work. I have checked heaters, the back is hot,fans working. We have power 115v(at home) in barn fuses are good,set on auto.Temp on 9.Ohm on heaters good.Running now on LP to see if gets cold. I am about at the end of my rope, Any suggestions?
10 REPLIES 10

Dwight205
Explorer
Explorer
Light wasn`t on, I know the magnet trick

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Did you look for the little red light in the black box.......

Couple was asking about mobile RV tech's here in the campground... Their Red Light was (Stress WAS) on.. I turned it off for them. Easy procedure but I will admit I had to do a bit of research since I have a Dometic (you push a button) not a NO-Cold (you use a magent).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Dwight205
Explorer
Explorer
Doug, I unplugged the thermister and it got cold. So replaced that, guess what it works. So now i`m into it for over $400 bucks and the "tech" is just a part changer.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Dwight205 wrote:
Yes in the slide. Tech said change the boards because had problem cooling twice in the past, he said will happen again. I pulled the thermistor wire and it is now cooling. So I guess get a new thermistor.

In a slide room. Even tho it has the 2 fans, in a slide room the ventilation is CRITICAL. There must be no way for the convection air to bypass the rear condenser fins. Also, I always ADD an additional 12 volt fan blowing OUT the upper door. This help get the hot air OUT better. A DEFECTIVE Thermister will OHM(test) out GOOD. That is why you do the full run test by bypassing the Thermister. Doug

Board and Optical will NOT cause a cooling performance problem. Ignorant untrained Part Changers( I will not call them a tech) always replace parts as they have no training or expertise and assume electronic board type parts must be the problem. Doug

Dwight205
Explorer
Explorer
Yes in the slide. Tech said change the boards because had problem cooling twice in the past, he said will happen again. I pulled the thermistor wire and it is now cooling. So I guess get a new thermistor.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. You went to a PARTS CHANGER for service work. Changing the optical and the rear board would have NOTHING to do with your problem
2. You need to find a Technician that actually KNOWS what he is doing, especially on Norcold 1200 series refers.
3. Your post did not make sense.
"Took it to a norcold dealer, working fine. They said change boards in the door and mother board in back"
WHY would they replace parts if it was working fine???????????????????
4. IS THIS REFER IN A SLIDE ROOM? Doug

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Since you are in Terre Haute, take the time to make an appointment with Leon at National Refrigeration in Shipshewana. He is a young Amish man who bought the business from his uncle. He is very honest and will evaluate your refrigerator and tell you your options. He will not cheat you and you can be sure that what he tells you is the truth about what is wrong with your unit. There is no one who knows them better. He rebuilds the cooling units and can fix and replace a fridge in a few hours.

He uses a cell phone and rarely answers when you call, so leave a message. He will get back to you that day. You will not be disappointed. He replaced our cooling unit four years ago and our Norcold 1211 has never worked better. I guarantee you no one will do a better job.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
So is it NOT working fine when you take it to dealers, they "fix" and it then again breaks? Your comment about the rear being hot makes me wonder if the fans really are working, or the fridge is installed with the proper baffles ? It might be warm, but if the cavity is hot, that's a problem.

FWIW- even though I converted to Helium, we went from 68 degree day temps, to 108 for 3 days, and the fridge never left 33 degrees and -2-+2 in the freezer on setting of 5. That in large part is due to the improved rear airflow
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Batteries good? You need good DC for proper operation of the controls.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has it been running for past 2 weeks or it ran OK for 2 weeks and you just turned it back on?

Unplug electric heater leads from lower board....plug leads directly into the 120V AC outlet and run fridge overnight.
Elements will heat continuously.......circuit board/thermistor bypassed.

If freezers and food compartments cool down then cooling unit is good

Fridge is level......has been level correct???
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31