cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof Upgrade

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering having the roof on my fifth wheel coated with a product such as FlexArmor or RV Armor. One of my concerns is that neither one of them will coat the slideouts. That means that I will still have to get up there to maintain and seal the slide roofs.
Does anyone know of a company that will include doing the slides?
9 REPLIES 9

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Kountryguy wrote:
That means that I will still have to get up there to maintain and seal the slide roofs.

I don't care what they put on...you still need to go up and check on things periodically.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I had my roof done by RV Flex Armor 2 1/2 years ago. I should have had it done day one.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

mda
Explorer
Explorer
I winter in Florida and saw a motohome done by one of the companies mentioned above. It really looks nice and is extremely easy to keep clean. I would not hesitate to have either of my RVโ€™s done.

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, FlexArmor is the name of the company. RVRoof.com

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I was not referring to the flex-seal advertised on TV, but to the company in Florida that does roof work.

sjturbo
Explorer
Explorer
I was interested about Flex-Seal so I read the label. It appears that it has a number of additives that do not appear to be compatible with most "rubber" roofs.
I could be mistaken though.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I'd be concerned about using Flex-Seal.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œStill having to get up thereโ€ regularly to inspect and maintain is a good practice. Roof too even after coating.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I'd be concerned that the added material would affect slideout operation.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman